Quick Methods To Detect & Eradicate HKCrypt ransomware
in the list of ransomware identities, HKCrypt ransomware is a new term added recently by security researchers. This infectious program is first spotted back in Septermber 2017 and is still an active malware being reported by a considerable number of users. In technical terms, ransomware are basically such a specific kind of malware that is developed and defined to attack a computer and encrypt all its saved data or files using AES or RSA cryptography. Therefore, if the malware once manage to get installed on your computer, it will obviously lock down your files and make them inaccessible in real time. The time you attempt to access them for your personal sake, it will display a ransom note on screen demanding a ransom amount around 0.5 BTC.
Well, the real intention of HKCrypt ransomware on a targeted computer is just to manipulate your files drastically and enforce you into paying hackers a ransom amount. According to displayed ransom note on screen, it states the system is currently infected by HKCrypt ransomware and needs to contact its developers in order to buy decrypt key in exchange of ransom money. At the same time, HKCrypt ransomware may also modify your pre-defined home-screen background image with a ransom image which will show you same messages as the ransom note has. In addition to this the malware is also found running a countdown timer which actually displays if the ransom amount is not paid to hackers in prior time before the count down timer ends, all affected files inside computer will be permanently deleted.
Expert’s view about HKCrypt ransomware
Thus, the long term presence of HKCrypt ransomware can not be ignored by a victim as it keeps threatening users to pay ransom else, they would come to lose all their data completely. And technically, this is the worst scenario a user may face with their own files. Hackers are actually smart enough and know none of the users will intend losing their important data at any cost, thus takes advantage further to turn victimized users into customers. But, the security experts or researchers never support your thought to remit payment to hackers. According to them, this kind of activity never assures of getting files back, rather the criminals will utilize collected fund illegally and improve their programs to target more users, even you as well to make more cyber crime money.
What’s actually recommended to overcome HKCrypt ransomware on a compromised Windows?
If you have recently come to know your system is terribly infected by HKCrypt ransomware, then you might be considering what should you actually do now. Although the ransom note probably promises to yield back access to your personal data once the ransom money is remitted, but this should never be done to secure yourself against financial loss as well. it’s better to choose a powerful antimalware solution to detect and eradicate HKCrypt ransomware and all its files completely and try recovering your lost data or files through a suggested method like using a backup copy or a trusted data recovery program or service.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall HKCrypt ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of HKCrypt ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete HKCrypt ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate HKCrypt ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for HKCrypt ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with HKCrypt ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select HKCrypt ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End HKCrypt ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall HKCrypt ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out HKCrypt ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for HKCrypt ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out HKCrypt ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove HKCrypt ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by HKCrypt ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete HKCrypt ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for HKCrypt ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with HKCrypt ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete HKCrypt ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall HKCrypt ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses