Short Description on Weknow.au
Weknow.au is a kind of potentially unwanted program which upon getting into your PC system, hijacks all the pre-installed web browsers and modifies their default settings. It replaces the current home page, search engine and new tab page with itself and acquires complete control over the entire browser. It pretends to be a real search domain and claims to enhance user’s web browsing experience by providing most relevant and authentic search results. However, results delivered by this bogus search tool have no relation with your queries. They are mixed with ads and pop-ups that include sponsored links and lead you to unknown web pages upon being clicked. Weknow.au aims to promote third-party websites and make quick revenues for the developers from novice users.
Why Should You Not Trust On Weknow.au?
This notorious PUP keeps displaying commercial contents in forms of special deals, discounts, coupons, banners, text-ads etc. all the time and interrupts your web sessions badly. It makes commission for the authors according to the clicks it gets on its adverts and with each redirection. It may also lead you to highly dangerous web portals that are fully occupied with malicious contents and cause more threats to the device. It exploits the security loopholes and opens backdoors for more hazardous threats. Weknow.au may easily bring other Online infections like rootkits, worms, spyware, worms etc. in your work-station and turn it into a malware-hub.
It is capable of monitoring your web activities and collecting important information that may include your sensitive data relating to banking or other financial details. Later on, it shares those stuffs with hackers for evil purposes and leads you to be a victim of cyber-crime or Online scam. This nasty hijacker changes the default registry settings by making vicious entries in boot section and gains automatic activation with each Window reboot. Weknow.au messes with important system files which assure efficient PC functioning and prevents many installed apps as well as drivers from working normally.
Other Harmful Features of Weknow.au:
- Consumes enormous amount of memory resources and drags down the overall PC performance severely.
- Displays fake updates notifications, security warnings, error messages etc. and tries to scam you into installing bogus software.
- Alters critical DNS configuration and restricts you from visiting some of your desired web pages.
- Adds many suspicious domains in the bookmark list and removes some vital links from it.
How Does Weknow.au Infiltrate Your Computer?
Downloading freeware programs, watching pornographic videos, playing Online games, sharing peer to peer network, using infected removal drives etc. are prime reasons behind its intrusion. So, it is necessary to avoid getting in touch with these vicious sources to keep the device harmless and secured. This spiteful malware keeps executing unethical practices in the background as long as it remains inside and eventually, may turn the device into a nightmare. Therefore, it is necessary to delete Weknow.au from the machine without wasting any time.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Weknow.au from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Weknow.au and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Weknow.au opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Weknow.au from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Weknow.au associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Weknow.au and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Weknow.au and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Weknow.au and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Weknow.au from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Weknow.au and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Weknow.au and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Weknow.au and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Weknow.au from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Weknow.au and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Weknow.au (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Weknow.au and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Weknow.au and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Weknow.au instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Weknow.au
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses