How to Delete Worm ransomware Permanently from PC
Worm ransomware is yet another data-encrypting malware belonging to the popular “Paradise” family. This variant is discovered by “Michael Gillespie” who is a well-known malware researcher. Like any other malware, it appends a unique victim ID, email ID of the developer and .worm suffix on every targeted file. The example of an encrypted file could be like, 1.jpg[id-KRKLABTX].[[email protected]].worm. It also drops a html ransom note on the desktop named as “$%~-#_ABOUT_YOUR_FILES_#$=$$.html”.
What Worm ransomware Ransom Note Says:
The html file ransom note contains the information that several data has been encrypted and they cannot be accessed unless you pay price for decryption key. You are asked to contact with the developer of ransomware through two provided email IDs. You are asked to pay the money in Bitcoin crypto-currency and the exact amount is to be negotiated with the developer by communicating with them. It also explains the use of Bitcoin and how you can get them. In order to win your trust that the decryption key really works, they offer to decrypt up to three files for free. These files should be less than 1MB in size and should not contain any valuable information such as username, password, and databases, backup and so on.
The cyber-criminals threats to delete the decryption key permanently leading to the permanent data loss if you try to use any third-party decryption tool or tried to alter the name of the encrypted files. The victims are informed that there are separate decryption key for each victim hence the decryption key of other victims will not work for them. It is true that Worm ransomware uses a very powerful encryption algorithm and it cannot be decrypted without the necessary decryption key. This key is only available with the cyber-criminals and they demand to pay ransom money if you want it.
Regardless, it is never advised to pay any money as ransom to cyber-criminals. Don’t meet their demands or make any communication. They are fraudster and they don’t provide the necessary tool for file recovery even after the complete payment is made. Paying the money is worthless and is a waste of money and time.
How to Remove Worm ransomware (Data Recovery Solution)
You must know that removing the ransowmare from PC will not restore the damaged file however, it is important to remove all the related payloads and files of malware so that it could not damage any other important files. And most of all, as long as this ranowmare is there in the work-station, you cannot recover the encrypted files through any method.
The process of data recovery should only be executed on a work-station which is already from malware. So, first scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool to detect all the unwanted files, payloads, scripts and malware. The best and easiest way to recover the encrypted files is to use a backup files is created prior to malware attack in some external storage device. Assuming that you don’t have the backup files, the next suggestion is to check the “Volume Shadow Copies” which is a temporary backup files created by the OS. If you are fortunate then you can get your important data from there. The last option or hope for file recovery is to use a data recovery tool. These days, the data restore applications are coming with the especial feature of recovering the files and data that are damaged/corrupted or encrypted by malware or ransomware.
Text Presented by Worm ransomware html ransom note
“All your files was encrypted!
«Paradise» R Team!
Ur unique ID
Your personal KEY
YOUR FILES HAS BEEN LOCKED!
All your personal data that was stored on this computer have been crypted due a security problem.
To restore them, write to us by е-mail,.
You have to pay in Bitcoins.
After payment we will send you the special decryption tool that will restore all your files.
Before payment you can send us 1-3 files , and we decrypt it for free.
File size should not exceed 1MB.
Please note that files must NOT contain valuable information.
HOW TO PAY
We accept payments in bitcoins, but you do not need to be able to use bitcoins.
You do not need a bitcoin account.
I will explain how you can pay using ANY currency in any way convenient to you.
Do not rename files
Do not try to restore your data using third-party software, it may cause permanent data loss(If you do not believe us, and still try to – make copies of all files so that we can help you if third-party software harms them)
As evidence, we can for free restore one file
Decoders of other users is not suitable to restore your files – encryption key is created on your computer when the program is launched – it is unique.”
A Quick Glance on Worm ransomware Features:
Type: Crypt-malware, Ransomware, File Locker
Extension used for encrypted files: .worm along with the unique ID number and developers email ID
Symptoms: The personal files creates an unusual file extension and they become totally inaccessible. When you try to access them, a ransom demanding message appear on the screen
Damage: The personal data becomes inaccessible. You are asked to pay hefty money as ransom. It additionally brings password stealing Trojans and malware in backdoor
Distribution: Spam email attachments, harmful links and ads, peer-to-peer file sharing networks such as torrents
Removal and file Recovery: The easy way to remove ransomware is to perform a depth scan of infected PC with a powerful anti-malware tool. The restore or recovery of encrypted files is possible if you have backup files in some external storage device. Otherwise, you can try using a data-recovery tool.
Some Precautionary Measures to Avoid Malware Attack:
You should be very careful regarding spam email campaigns, Avoid opening emails received from unknown senders. Don’t click on the web-links or attached files such as MS Word, PDF files etc. Don’t use application that is activated through cracked tools. They deemed a very high risky and it an illegal offense as well. It is strongly recommended to use a trusted anti-malware tool and keep it updated so that it could tackle with the latest ransomware and Trojans in real-time.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Worm ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Worm ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Worm ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Worm ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Worm ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Worm ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Worm ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Worm ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Worm ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Worm ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Worm ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Worm ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Worm ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Worm ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Worm ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Worm ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Worm ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Worm ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Worm ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses