Easy solution to delete Weknow.ac
This article will give you complete information about Weknow.ac as well as you will get some recommended steps to delete it from your computer. You can read this article for learning or educational purpose also. According to Cyber security experts, it is very notorious malware and computer infection that is belongs to redirect virus category. It forcedly redirects your browser on its own sites or other harmful websites that shows always bogus results and lots of fake ads or popup on your browser. Don’t be panics, please read this article carefully.
Threat Name: Weknow.ac
Threat Type: Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus, Adware, PUP
Description: This malware is able to hijack your main browser and redirects your browser’s search on unwanted websites that shows always misleading contents and lots of ads or popup on your browser.
Distribution Methods: Bundles of freeware or shareware, malicious ads or popup messages and many other tricks
Motices of Crooks: Aims to collect your personal information as well as steal your money from your wallet or e-wallet
Details about Weknow.ac or misleading search engine?
It is fake search engine or web application related to Search.hgetcouponsnow.com, Search.heasyphotoeditpro.com and searchmine.net that shows always irrelevant results on your browser constantly. This cunning malware modifies your browser shortcuts on the desktop with its own extension and pin it to taskbar as well. When you try to open such infected shortcuts, then you will see unwanted website domain as default search engine of your browser. It claims that it is safe & fast search engine as compare to some popular search engine like Google, Yahoo and Bing. But it is bogus at all. You should never trust on them.
This dubious malware gets enters into your machine accidently from various methods of bundling and leads major damages in your computer. It affects your both online & offline experience. It alters your all version of Windows OS based computer and does malicious unwanted changes in your computer without permission. If System has detected this nasty malware, then you should try to get rid of it immediately.
Weknow.ac is detected Browser Hijacker by security experts
Weknow.ac is malware creation of Cyber criminals who wants to gain some illegal income and cheat with innocent users. They never do any mercy with you. It hijacks your main browser including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and other browsers. It modifies the default setting of home page, new tab and search engine of your browser that can causes redirect your browser on misleading or hacked website constantly.
They can collect your some information such as IP address, URLs search, browser history, search queries, user name, password, banking information, credit card details and other. They can deliver your all crucial & confidential information to hacker or unknown users that cause big troubles. However, it can connect your machine to remote server and allows the hacker to access your System in its own ways. So, you should scan your machine with very strong antivirus software immediately.
Motives of Cyber criminals behind Weknow.ac:
Cyber criminals are behind such illegal tactics. Acutely, they are promoting third parties’ software and websites to generate some revenue from them as pay-per-click ad schemes. It delivers huge amount of ads or popup on your browser in the form of banner, coupon, offer ads, commercial ads, fake software updates or security alert messages, online game ads, sports ads, actress or adult related ads and others. It is not an easy task for you to delete these ads one-by-one from System. If you are clicking on such misleading ads, you might get malicious infection in your machine. However, it can bombard your computer with very harmful malware like Trojan and ransomware that can corrupt your System deeply.
Distribution methods of Weknow.ac:
In the presence of Weknow.ac, you can’t visit the website that you want. It can get enters into your machine from bundles of free software program which you are downloaded from internet. It can come via infected external media drives, social media, torrent site, porn or adult related websites, fake software updates, pirated software, malicious ads or popup messages, malicious hyperlinks, malicious harmful website or hacked websites, email spam messages, email attachments and many other tricks. You should be careful while surfing online and please avoids fake ads or popup that are displayed on your browser by hacked websites. It is possible to delete Weknow.ac from your machine with our easy solution.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.
Methods to uninstall Weknow.ac from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Weknow.ac and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Weknow.ac opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Weknow.ac from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Weknow.ac associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Weknow.ac and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Weknow.ac and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Weknow.ac and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Weknow.ac from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Weknow.ac and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Weknow.ac and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Weknow.ac and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Weknow.ac from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Weknow.ac and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Weknow.ac (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Weknow.ac and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Weknow.ac and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Weknow.ac instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Weknow.ac
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses