What is Webroot has Blocked Your Windows – remove it
“Webroot has Blocked Your Windows” is a lock screen malware. Affected users have experience that they have got the tech call to remove Webroot has Blocked Your Windows screen. The scammers on the call demand lot of money though this. Read the article to how more about it and see how to remove it for free.
More about Webroot has Blocked Your Windows
Like other variants, Webroot has Blocked Your Windows might come in your PC when you execute on any malicious websites/links or download any file virus. It contains a short message according to which “the compromised PC has been blocked because of suspicious action detected” It suggests taking the help of Webroot technical department and protecting the Window and its members. It contains a toll-free number even to contact with them. On call, the victims are asked to pay some money for the issues to be fixed. It is short message, it is also mentioned that it may cost to your privacy and can lead many malicious malware inside the PC.
Since there are scammers behind this, you should avoid paying the hundred dollars fee what they demand. But, you must bear in mind that Webroot has Blocked Your Windows error is a sign of some virus inside the PC. By the reports, it has seen that this virus could be capable of log to keystrokes you type, obtain personal details, steal, saved data, get the IP addresses, get the Geo-location, and damages the files permanently etc. You must remove Webroot has Blocked Your Windows from the system as soon as possible if you have risk associated with your privacy.
How does the infection occur?
“Webroot has Blocked Your Windows” error occurs on PC occurs when you open some malicious email attachments. Many a spam email is designed and delivered through network as a Spam Email Campaign. These emails look legitimate to the recipients when appear on their Gmail account. Actually, these emails use the name of some well known companies which have no any relevant to these scam in anyway. By looking the well known companies on their emails, the users encourage to open such emails. Sometimes clicking on the emails are enough for the computer infection.
However, mostly these emails contain some malicious links. The short message on the emails creates a condition for the recipients to click upon these attachments. These attachments generally include some exe files, MS office documents and other legitimate file for download attach with some malicious malware inside it. Opening of such attachments leads to the installation of the threat together with the regular software/apps or files. You should avoid opening any suspicious attachments. You should go with any legitimate source for any software/app download all the time.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Webroot has Blocked Your Windows from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Webroot has Blocked Your Windows and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Webroot has Blocked Your Windows opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Webroot has Blocked Your Windows from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Webroot has Blocked Your Windows associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Webroot has Blocked Your Windows and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Webroot has Blocked Your Windows and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Webroot has Blocked Your Windows and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Webroot has Blocked Your Windows from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Webroot has Blocked Your Windows and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Webroot has Blocked Your Windows and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Webroot has Blocked Your Windows and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Webroot has Blocked Your Windows from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Webroot has Blocked Your Windows and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webroot has Blocked Your Windows
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Webroot has Blocked Your Windows
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Webroot has Blocked Your Windows (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Webroot has Blocked Your Windows and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Webroot has Blocked Your Windows and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Webroot has Blocked Your Windows instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Webroot has Blocked Your Windows
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses