Easy methods to delete Softonic
This article will help you to remove Softonic from System completely & safely. According to Cyber security experts, it is very notorious malware and computer infection that is belongs to browser hijacker family. It forcedly redirects your search on its own site or other hacked websites that shows always misleading contents and lots of ads or popup on your browser. It traces your online habit and steals your all crucial & confidential information as well. Don’t be panics, please read this article carefully.
What is Softonic?
It is potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is come under Cyber threats. According to experts, this cunning malware get enters into your machine accidently from various methods of bundling & social engineering and leads major harmful damages in your computer. Initially, it blocks some genuine application running in your System including antimalware, Firewall security setting, control panel, System registry setting, command prompt and other applications. It modifies your System registry setting that cause restarts your computer in certain interval of times automatically. If your System has detected this malware, then you should try to uninstall it from System.
Softonic virus gets chance to start causing sponsored notifications on victims’ desktop. It shows fake software updates alert or security alert messages on your browser and suggests you to download/install third parties’ software to improve your System performance. Their aim is to redirect your search on sponsored or third parties’ websites and earn the money by tricking them into installing required software. We can say that Softonic is one of latest examples of aggressive marketing used to promote questionable software. It installs useless search engines, questionable browser add-ons and other PUPs without your permission that leads major damages in your machine.
Once Softonic installed, it drops its own add-on extensions to your browser and shows up on all internet browsers. Cyber experts suggest to please avoids Softonic web search app because it is not created for improving your web search activities. It is bogus at all. It will cause altered search results and will redirect your search on misleading or hacked websites that delivers huge amount of fake ads or popup messages. It spreads malicious unwanted programs in your computer that can corrupt major part of your computer hard drives and makes your System useless.
Softonic is very dangerous malware creation of Cyber criminals who wants to gain some illegal online profit and cheat with innocent users. They never do any mercy with you. They are promoting third parties’ software and websites and software to generate some income from them as pay-per-click ad schemes. It spreads huge amount of ads or popup on your browser that can degrade the overall performance of your internet browsing activities. Its main aim is to collect your some information such as IP address, URLs search, browser history, search queries, user name, password banking information and more details as well. So, it is important to delete it from System.
How your System gets infected from Softonic?
- Freeware or shareware: It can come in your System from bundles of free software packages which you are downloaded from internet.
- Fake software updates or pirated software: If you are using pirated software in your System, then you might get lots of junk files in your machine.
- Downloaded media files: If you are downloaded movie, music, games, pdf, ppt, docs and other files in your computer, then you might get malicious infection in your System.
- Malicious ads or popup: This cunning malware can come in your machine via malicious ads or popup messages which are displayed on your browser by hacked websites.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Softonic from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Softonic and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Softonic opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Softonic from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Softonic associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Softonic and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Softonic and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Softonic and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Softonic from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Softonic and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Softonic and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Softonic and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Softonic from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Softonic and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Softonic (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Softonic and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Softonic and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Softonic instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Softonic
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses