Steps To Delete SMART SEARCH
Is your web session get stopped in middle process, when SMART SEARCH ads appears in large dialog box? Is browser respond slower than usual? Are you receiving unstoppable error message, ads? Are you continuously receiving such type of symptoms, when perform any work on web browser. If so, then it is confirm that web browser is infected with potentially unwanted virus which causes such annoyances. You need to look for solution to remove SMART SEARCH completely.
Threat Name: SMART SEARCH
Threat Type: Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus, Adware, PUP
Description: This misleading domain claims it is safe & fast search engine and shows fast & accurate results on your browser. But it is bogus at all. It provides bogus services and delivers harmful ads or popup on your browser.
Distribution: Bundles of freeware or shareware, malicious ads or popup, suspicious or in-text links and many other tricks
Motives of Crooks: Aims to collect your sensitive information as well as steal your money from your wallet or e-wallet
What is SMART SEARCH Browser or smartsearch.pw Browser Hijacker?
Smartsearch.pw is misleading website domain and search engine that is come under Cyber threats. It promotes third parties’ products like software, websites and other products & services on its platform to generate some revenue from them as pay-per-click ad schemes. According to security experts, it might possible that it helps you any cases. However, it is potentially unwanted program (PUP) that spreads series of adware in your System without any notice and corrupt major genuine functions of your computer. If your System has detected this malware, then you should try to uninstall it from machine immediately.
More details about SMART SEARCH Browser Hijacker
SMART SEARCH is recognized adware virus which cause malicious function on target web browser. It is distributed as safe and helpful tool which helps to make quick and easy search. Moreover, it looks relevant and useful. According to report criminals, it is suspicious adware virus that only changes the web browse working. Once, SMART SEARCH enters in PC cause change in settings such as DNS, Firewall settings, Registry Files. Other than it change default search engine and browser homepage to SMART SEARCH. It totally slows down the web performance. You must follow the best process and remove SMART SEARCH completely.
Motives of Cyber Crooks Behinds Malware Attack
SMART SEARCHs existence cause slows down in computer and Internet speed. It keeps displaying the advertisements and sponsored links in every browsed search results. It is able to assault all the Windows based operating systems such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. You may also find that unwanted extension, plug-ins are automatically installed on web browser. Moreover, you will find the display web pages completely gets flood with ads, coupon codes, deals and unwanted error message. In order click on such ads or visit infected sites, Cyber crooks can keep record of your some information such as IP address, URLs search, browser history, search queries, user name, password, age, address, banking information and more details as well. So, you should scan your System with very strong antirust software that has the ability to delete all junk files or viruses from System.
You may also read: How to remove Rumiceseeds.com browser hijacker from PCs
How SMART SEARCH Gain Access in PC?
- Drive by downloads
- Sharing of files that is P2P technique, open the spam email attachment
- Download and install of application or software
- Torrent file downloads
- Open the website which only keeps showing malicious content
SMART SEARCH is design by remote crooks with advance technical terms, which badly affects the web performance. It uses to assault the entire web browser such as Chrome, IE, Firefox and other installed web browser. It entirely affects the PC performance. It target to access relative information and use for its own purpose. You must follow the best process and remove SMART SEARCH completely.
Method To Remove SMART SEARCH
SMART SEARCH is unsafe and malicious threat which tricks ways to enter in PC and assault system function. It causes malicious action on target web browser. Thus, best help guide is to follow different process discussed in below article such as manual steps or automatic removal tool to remove SMART SEARCH completely from browser.
You may also read: How to remove Thecooking.club from PCs
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.
Methods to uninstall SMART SEARCH from infected Windows PC
The elimination of SMART SEARCH and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete SMART SEARCH opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate SMART SEARCH from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for SMART SEARCH associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with SMART SEARCH and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select SMART SEARCH and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End SMART SEARCH and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall SMART SEARCH from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out SMART SEARCH and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for SMART SEARCH and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out SMART SEARCH and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove SMART SEARCH from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by SMART SEARCH and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete SMART SEARCH (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for SMART SEARCH and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with SMART SEARCH and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete SMART SEARCH instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall SMART SEARCH
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses