Easy Securify Search removal instructions
Securify Search is a potentially unwanted program or browser hijacker application that does not require users’ approval to get inside their PCs. This application is guilty for causing unwanted redirects to shady sites, display intrusive advertisements and gather the data related to users’ browsing activity. The main signs and symptoms of this application intrusion is modifications of the browsers settings such as homepage, search engine and tab page option. These options changed to search.mysecurify.com- a fake search engine.
As it mentioned, Securify Search is browser hijacker that targets browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and etc. It sneaks by stealth and immediately scans for the installed browsers and soon changes their settings option to search.mysecurify.com. These changes are minor. However, users will not be able to return to the previous browser settings option. This is because the applications, upon getting inside, installs various helper objects which have the only task to reassign the changes time to time and prevent users whenever they are trying to restore the settings to the default. This means, the users have no other choice than to search web via the fake search engine and visit it when opening browsing tabs and Windows. This will significantly downgrade the web browsing speed and performance.
It is worthy to note that search.mysecurify.com is a fake search engine. It does not generate its own search result. It displays search results by redirecting to search.yahoo.com, which is a legitimate search engine belongs to yahoo web browser, through malicious ways. The developers design the dubious domain to track users’ browsing activities. This way, they can gather the details such as IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited, ISP name, Geo-locations, Os and browser used type and etc. These details are then shared to third party advertisers who design customized ads to display intrusive ads campaigns to trick people into downloading and installing other unwanted apps. In worst condition, some of the people could be a Cyber Criminal who misuses the data in generating illicit revenue. Thus, data tracking can result into huge risk of privacy and even identity theft. We highly recommend you remove Securify Search and never visit search.mysecurify.com ever again.
How did the infection occur?
Securify Search has its official website. However, users install it unintentionally/accidently –that is because developers distribute it via using intrusive advertisements and bundling methods. Intrusive advertisements redirect to questionable sites or may run malicious scripts to cause computer infection. Bundling on the other hand, is an undercover installation of unwanted apps with some other software download. What the developers do is hide the bundled apps behind Custom/Advanced option of downloading/installation potion. Users are not aware of this. Often, they rush and skip all these procedures. These reckless behaviors and carelessly clicking on any ads are the main reasons behind inadvertently installation of unwanted apps.
How to prevent intruding potentially unwanted programs?
In order to prevent intruding unwanted applications, users need to be cautious during the download/install process as well as when surfing the Internet. It is very necessary to carefully analyze each step during installation moment using Custom/Advanced option. Opt out all additionally attached apps and decline all offers with the download/install such. The best option is use official websites and direct links for any software download rather the third party untrustworthy sources such as freeware downloaders, P2P networks and free file hosting sites. Further, intrusive advertisements are designed by investing a lot of resources. Thus, they look appropriate. Luckily, they can easily be distinguished as they always redirect users to shady sites such as pornography, adult dating, and gambling and similar. If you encounter any such redirects, do not click anywhere and check for PUPs that might be causing it.
Remove Securify Search
Below, step by step Securify Search removal instruction is provided for you so that you will not find any trouble when performing the virus removal process. You can use Spyhunter or other reliable antivirus tools automatically remove Securify Search from the system.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Securify Search from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Securify Search and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Securify Search opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Securify Search from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Securify Search associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Securify Search and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Securify Search and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Securify Search and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Securify Search from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Securify Search and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Securify Search and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Securify Search and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Securify Search from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Securify Search and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Securify Search (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Securify Search and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Securify Search and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Securify Search instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Securify Search
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses