Simple Search.mapsutilitytab.com removal guide
Search.mapsutilitytab.com is a fake search engine. It is promoted by an app Map Utility that supposedly provides users with GPS-relating functionality. A new appearance to the browsers (the homepage, search engine and tab page option changed to Search.mapsutilitytab.com) might attract you the promoting page stating might suggest the app is legitimate and useful. However, it is a potentially unwanted app or browser hijacker virus that is a silent intruder and hijacker of the installed browsers. Due to presence of this app, your web browsing activities will always be tracked and so there is data theft and so the identity theft due to the app. We recommend you immediately remove Search.mapsutilitytab.com and the malicious app from the system.
Maps utility mostly intrude along with some other software download when users do not pay much attention during software downloading/installation moment. The app could come inside your PC as an extra when you downloaded PDF converter or some other freeware and shareware program. Following to successful infiltration, the browser hijacker conducts major changes on the browsers’ settings and assigns Search.mapsutilitytab.com to the homepage, search engine and tab page option. It downloads/installs several helper objects to prevent users to restore the settings to the default. In other word, users have no other choice than to visit Search.mapsutilitytab.com domain when opening browsing tab and Window and search queries on the browser. This significantly diminishes the web browsing quality.
It is worthy to note that Search.mapsutilitytab.com is a fake search engine. It generates search result by redirecting users to search.yahoo.com. The redirection is legitimate since the redirected page is none other than the official search engine of yahoo web browser. However, this suggests that the present of Search.mapsutilitytab.com as a default search engine of browser is suspicious. Actually, the PUP and the site developers design such to track users browsing activities and collect the data such as IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited and others similar. These details could be shared to potent Cyber Criminals who misuse the data to generate illicit revenue. Thus, data tracking can result into huge risk of privacy and even identity theft. We highly recommend you remove Search.mapsutilitytab.com and the malicious PUP that is causing this redirect on your browser.
PUPs get bundled with freeware and shareware programs
If you use third party sources such as P2P sharing sites, free file hosting sites and freeware downloaders and installers, you are inviting some unwanted applications intrusion inside your PC. These sources are major ones for software bundling in which stealth installation of third party apps takes place with some regular software download. What the developers do is that they hide the apps behind Custom/Advanced option of downloading and installation process because they know that not all the users check these options during installation moment. Rush and skip installation steps procedures lead the inadvertent installation of unwanted apps.
What most important is to use official websites and direct links for any software download, if you want your PC get infected with any browser hijacker applications. Further, at the installation moment, you must need to be careful so that no any secret intrusion will take place. For this, you should use Custom/Advanced option rather than the recommended/quick mode of software downloading and installation process and analyze each step. Manually deselect all additionally attached apps and decline all offers with the chosen software for download.
Manual malware removal guide might be a lengthy and a complicated process that require advanced computer skills to perform it. Use Spyhunter or other reliable antivirus tool to automatically remove Search.mapsutilitytab.com and all the malicious PUPs from the system.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Search.mapsutilitytab.com from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Search.mapsutilitytab.com and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Search.mapsutilitytab.com opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Search.mapsutilitytab.com from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Search.mapsutilitytab.com associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Search.mapsutilitytab.com and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Search.mapsutilitytab.com and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Search.mapsutilitytab.com and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Search.mapsutilitytab.com from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Search.mapsutilitytab.com and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Search.mapsutilitytab.com and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Search.mapsutilitytab.com and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Search.mapsutilitytab.com from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Search.mapsutilitytab.com and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Search.mapsutilitytab.com (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Search.mapsutilitytab.com and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Search.mapsutilitytab.com and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Search.mapsutilitytab.com instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Search.mapsutilitytab.com
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses