Get rid of Scarab ransomware (Step By Step Process)
This article will give you complete details about Scarab ransomware as well as you will get some recommended tips to delete it from System. You can read this article carefully. According to Cyber security experts, it is very devastating malware and computer infection that is belongs to ransomware family. It is able to lock all files of your computer hard drives by appending .zzzzzzzz File Extension and drops ransom notes as “HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED [email protected]” on your computer screen. It does fake promises to decrypt your all files immediately, once you pay ransom money to them. Don’t be panics, please read this article carefully.
Scarab ransomware is made using AES-256 & RSA-2048 encryption algorithm techniques by Cyber criminals:
According to researchers, this nasty malware get enters into your machine from malicious email messages and email attachments. It targets your Windows PCs and does malicious infection in your computer without permission. Initially, it disables some genuine application running in your computer such as antimalware, Firewall security setting, control panel, System registry setting and other applications. It injects malicious codes in your System registry setting that cause restarts your computer in certain interval of times automatically. Once it installed, you can’t work on your machine comfortably as usual like before. If you have created backup of your all files by using very strong backup & recovery software, then it is good for you.
Scarab ransomware uses the name & LOGO of some trustworthy companies on its ransom notes for making believe in your mind that it is genuine program. It gives free decryption test of 2-3 files of your computer that successfully decrypt these files. After that, it will ask you to pay $300 – $500 amount of ransom money in Bitcoin cryptocurrency to decrypt your files. You should never believe on them. They will never decrypt your files at any cases. In order to pay extortion money to them, it can keep record of your some information such as IP address, URLs search, browser history, search queries, user name, password, banking information, credit card & ATM number and more details as well. So, you should scan your machine with very strong antimalware tools that has the ability to delete all junk files from System.
About version of Scarab ransomware
Scorpio ransomware: It is first new version of Scarab ransomware that is made using AES cipher to lock your all files. This nasty file virus modifies each file by appending .[[email protected]].Scorpio File Extension and makes all files locked. It demands specific amount of ransom money for decryption.
Scarab-crypto ransomware: It is name of second version of Scarab ransomware which was first detected in March 2018 by Cyber security experts. According to them, it uses AES encryption algorithm techniques to lock your all files. Its aim is to steal your personal details and earn illegal money as well.
Scarab-Amnesia virus: It was spotted at end of March 2018. It uses AEX-256 encryption algorithm techniques which appending all files with .amnesia file extension. It is able to lock all files including images, audios, videos, games, pdf, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, documents, databases and other files of your computer hard drives. When you try to open such encrypted files, then you get ransom notes on your machine.
Scarab-Please ransomware: It was spotted at end of March 2018. This new version of Scarab ransomware drops “HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.txt” on your computer screen once locked your files. This malware can make malicious changes to your Windows registry setting. So, it is important to delete this nasty file virus immediately.
Scarab-Decrypts ransomware: This new variants is made using AES-256 cipher to attack victims’ files and render them useless by altering their file extension. It provides a unique identification number for further instruction, but it is bogus at all. You should never believe on them.
Scarab-Horsia Ransomware: Horsia Ransomware is new or updated version of Scarab ransomware, spotted in May 2018. It is mainly targets English speaking PCs users and locks their all files immediately. You should avoid making payment to hacker or scammer.
Scarab-Walker Ransomware: Walker Ranomware uses AES encryption algorithm techniques to lock your files. It modifies each file by appending .johnniewalker file extension and makes all files locked. It demands ransom money in Bitcoin for decryption.
Scarab-Osk ransomware: This new or updated version is made using AES cipher and asks 0.013 BTC for decryption. It is able to encrypt all files of your computer hard drives and drops ransom notes on your machine.
Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware: It is belongs to Scarab ransomware category that is made using AES-256 encryption algorithm techniques by Cyber criminals. It easily alters your Windows PCs and does malicious harmful infection in your machine without permission. It encrypts/locks all files by appending its own extension and drops ransom notes on your System screen.
Scarab-Good Ransomware: It was first spotted in June 2018. It provides email ID [email protected] on its ransom notes and asks you to contact their technical experts directly for decryption. You should never believe on them at any cases.
Leen Ransomware: It is also called .leen file virus that modifies each file of your computer hard drives by appending its own extension and makes all files locked. It does fake promises to decrypt your all files, once you pay required ransom money to them, but it is bogus at all.
Danger Ransomware: It is made using RSA-2048 cipher to encrypt your files. It spreads ransom notes as “HOW_TO_RECOVER_ENCRYPTED_FILES.txt” on your System screen and does promises to decrypt your files immediately.
Oneway ransomware: It is new or updated version of Scarab ransomware detected by Cyber security researchers. According to them, it is mainly targets the Russian speaking PC users and locks all files of their System without permission. It asks you to contact their technical experts via email ID [email protected] for decryption.
Scarab-BtcKing Ransomware: BtCKING ransomware is belongs to Scarab ransomware family which was firstly detected in June 2018. It drops the copies of itself in each location of your computer and makes all files locked. It is hard to detect/delete this nasty malware by most antivirus software.
Other versions: Bomber ransowmare, JungleSec ransomare, Recme Ransowmare, Scarab-Dan Ransomware, Scarab-Recovery Ransomware, Scarab-Turkish Ransomware, Scarab-Barracuda Ransomware and Scarab-zzzzzzzz ransomware are also the version of Scarab ransomware. Here, we discussed about the variants of Scarab file virus. We recommended you to please avoid paying any ransom amounts to illegal ones.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.
||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Scarab ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Scarab ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Scarab ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Scarab ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Scarab ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Scarab ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Scarab ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Scarab ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Scarab ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Scarab ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Scarab ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Scarab ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Scarab ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Scarab ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Scarab ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Scarab ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Scarab ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Scarab ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Scarab ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses