Simple PDFConverterHQ removal guide
According to its description page, PDFConverterHQ allows you convert various files such as .DOC to PDF. It might look legitimate and useful. However, it comes under category of potentially unwanted programs. This dubious extension can intrude inside your browser without any consent. It hijacks the browser, conducts numerous changes on the settings and continually tracks your browsing activity.
PDFConverterHQ targets any popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. After the infiltration, it assigns the new tab URL, homepage and search engine browser settings to home.fb.ask.com. All efforts of users to make changes on the settings will not succeed. The threat reassigns the changes time to time. Thus, users are unable to return to the previous browsers’ settings option. They have to visit home.fb.ask.com once they click on their browsers tabs and Window and search web on the URL bar. As a result, the web browsing quality will be diminished.
Type: Browser Hijacker
Promoted URL: home.fb.ask.com
Short details: A browser hijacker application hijacks browsers and force users to visit its attackers promoted domain. Unwanted ads appear with each visiting site
Symptoms: Manipulated web browsers’ settings, victims are forced to visit the hackers recommended site and search queries via this as the main search engine, decreased browsing speed
Distributions: Software bundling, Intrusive advertisements
Damages: Decreased computer performance, Internet browsing tracking –privacy issues, other possible malware intrusions
Removal: Use Spyhunter to remove PDFConverterHQ
The home.fb.ask.com is one of the many yahoo redirected site. It is not capable to generate search result. This fake search engine takes the help of Search.yahoo.com –a legitimate search engine from Yahoo web browser – to show the search result. Thus, the presence of this is useless. Actually, developers design for some other purpose. It gathers browsing related data, keystrokes, search history, queries entered and etc and exposed to its attackers later on. These collected data typically include personal details. Generally, these data are used to design customized advertisements –that tricks people into visiting unreliable websites (creating the risk of other malicious malware intrusion) –to generate as much revenue as possible. These details could be shared to potent Cyber Criminals who misuse the data to generate illicit revenue. Thus, data tracking might result into huge risk of privacy, identity theft and even more severe consequences. Users should remove PDFConverterHQ from the system and never visit home.fb.ask.com ever again.
How did PDFConverterHQ intrude inside my PC?
PDFConverterHQ is available as a free application download on its official website. However, mostly users install it unintentionally. That’s because developers promote this browser hijacker via using software Bundling. The deceptive marketing method of bundling allows stealth installation of potentially unwanted programs with regular software/apps. Developers know many users do not pay enough caution during downloading/installation process. For this reason, the developers hide the bundled app under Custom/Advanced option of downloading/installation section. By skipping installation steps, users unknowingly allow the malicious potentially unwanted app intrusion inside their PC.
How to avoid intruding potentially unwanted application?
From the discussion above, you come to know that the infection the poor knowledge and reckless downloading/installation approach are the main reason for computer infection. Caution is very necessary to avoid malware intrusion. Follow the below mentioned precautionary measures during day to day browsing activity and when downloading/installing any software.
- Use official websites and direct links for any software download
- Avoid using any third party downloaders/installers and any suspicious links
- Use Custom/Advanced option any pay close attention on each step during installation
- Intrusive advertisements should not be clicked
- In case of any unreliable sites encountering, eliminate malicious applications and plug-ins from the browsers
Manual guide for malware removal might be a lengthy and a complicated process and also requires an advanced computer skill and prior knowledge. Install spyhunter or other automatic malware removal tool to remove PDFConverterHQ, malicious domain and other associated components from the browsers and the system.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall PDFConverterHQ from infected Windows PC
The elimination of PDFConverterHQ and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete PDFConverterHQ opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate PDFConverterHQ from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for PDFConverterHQ associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with PDFConverterHQ and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select PDFConverterHQ and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End PDFConverterHQ and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall PDFConverterHQ from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out PDFConverterHQ and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for PDFConverterHQ and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out PDFConverterHQ and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove PDFConverterHQ from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by PDFConverterHQ and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete PDFConverterHQ (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for PDFConverterHQ and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with PDFConverterHQ and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete PDFConverterHQ instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall PDFConverterHQ
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses