How to delete Online Video Converter
Online Video Converter is presented as an application that enables conversion of video formats and to solve all video related problems. It is a potentially unwanted program that sneaks into a Window PC without users’ approval. It is an ad-supporting application programmed by Surf Island Solutions. This adware family virus targets the browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox etc. It modifies several PC settings and browsers settings to generate intrusive online ads. Besides this, it gathers t he browsing related data all the day and connects the PC network settings to the remote server. Read the article carefully and see how to remove Online Video Converter from the system.
More about Online Video Converter
Online Video Converter delivers advertisements on the browser screen all the day you surf the Internet. These annoying advertisements including pop-up, banner, text ads and interstitial etc are attached with some third parties products. On clicking, you will redirect to the sponsored products where there is high probability that they will cause a new virus inside the PC.
Furthermore, Online Video Converter allows its developers to monitor the web browsing activities. The developers keep regular eyes on the victims’ browsing activities on the browser and trigger out various browsing related data including cookies, browsing history, search queries, URLs visited and viewed pages and other similar details which may be personally relatable. This will result into huge risk of privacy risk and even identity theft.
For this reason, you should remove Online Video Converter from the system as soon as possible. If you have noticed several unwanted apps on your browser and your system has been infected with Online Video Converter virus, run an antivirus scan to the PC to remove the threat.
How did the infection occur?
The main cause of this type of infection is reckless behavior and skipping various installation steps while downloading any software. Many a potentially unwanted program like Online Video Converter is attached with some regular software. When users install such bundled software, they unintentionally install the unwanted app together with as well. In order to avoid intruding the unwanted app, you must check Custom/Advanced settings of installation option at the time of installing any software. The Custom/Advanced settings help in detecting any attached program as well as provide an option to remove it as well.
Apart from the freeware and shareware, there are many vulnerable online sources while can lead you into downloading any malicious malware such as other misleading ads, spam email attachments, fake software updating tools, and other malicious websites/links. You should avoid any unknown for while surfing the Internet. For any download, always prefer the authentic, legitimate websites and direct links. Moreover, install some powerful antivirus tool that will prevent your PC from any big issues.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Online Video Converter from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Online Video Converter and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Online Video Converter opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Online Video Converter from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Online Video Converter associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Online Video Converter and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Online Video Converter and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Online Video Converter and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Online Video Converter from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Online Video Converter and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Online Video Converter and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Online Video Converter and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Online Video Converter from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Online Video Converter and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Online Video Converter
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Online Video Converter
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Online Video Converter (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Online Video Converter and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Online Video Converter and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Online Video Converter instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Online Video Converter
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses