Get rid of Locky Ransomware from PCs
This article will give you complete details about Locky Ransomware as well as you will get some recommended solution to delete it from machine. You can read this article carefully. According to Cyber security experts, it is very devastating malware and computer infection that is belongs to ransomware family. It encrypts/locks all files of your System and drops ransom notes on your computer screen. It does fake promises to decrypt your all files immediately, once you ransom money to them. Don’t be panics, please read this article carefully.
Complete information about Locky Ransomware:
It is made using AE-128 & RSA-2048 encryption algorithm techniques by Cyber criminals for illegal purposes. It targets your all version of Windows OS based computer and does malicious unwanted changes in your computer as well without permission. Initially, it blocks some genuine application running in your computer such as control panel, System registry setting, antivirus software, Firewall security setting and other applications. It injects malicious codes in your System registry setting that cause restarts your computer in certain interval of times automatically. If you have created backup of your all files by using very powerful backup & recovery software, then it is good for you.
Locky Ransomware drops the copies of itself in each location of your computer and makes all files locked. It encrypts/locks all types of files of your computer including images, audios, videos, games, pdf, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, documents, databases and other files. When you try to open such encrypted files again, then you get ransom notes on your computer screen. You may see the messages like “Hi, your System files have been locked due to security reasons. You need to pay 0.5 – 1 BTC for the decryption. Otherwise, you will lose your all files permanently” on the ransom notes. If System has detected this cunning malware, then you should try to get rid of it immediately.
Locky Ransomware modifies your desktop wallpaper with ransom image. It uses the name & LOGO of some popular companies on its ransom notes for making believe in your mind that it is safe & genuine program. It gives free decryption test for 2-3 files of your computer that successfully decrypt these files. After that, it will ask you to pay 300-400 USD or 0.5-1 BTC to decrypt rest of the files of your computer. You should never believe on them. In order to pay ransom money to them, it keeps record of your some information such as IP address, URLs search, browser history, search queries, user name, password, banking information, credit card & ATM number and more details as well. However, it can delete all files & folder of your computer and makes your System useless. So, you should scan your PCS with very strong antivirus software that has the ability to delete all junk files or viruses from machine.
Distribution methods of Locky Ransomware:
- Email spam messages: It can get enters into your PCs from email spam messages and email attachments.
- Malicious ads or popup messages: This nasty file virus can come in your System from malicious ads or popup which are displayed on your browser by hacked websites.
- Infected external media drives: It can get enters into your machine from infected CD, DVD, USB drives, SD cards and other.
- Freeware or shareware: This cunning malware can get install in your machine through bundles of free software packages which you are downloaded from internet.
- Downloaded media files: If you are downloaded movie, music, games, pdf and other files in your System from internet, then you might get malicious infection in your computer.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC. Learn More Download Link||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts. Learn More Download Link||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats. Learn More Download Link|
Methods to uninstall Locky Ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Locky Ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Locky Ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Locky Ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Locky Ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Locky Ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Locky Ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Locky Ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Locky Ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Locky Ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Locky Ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Locky Ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Locky Ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Locky Ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Locky Ransomware HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Locky Ransomware
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Locky Ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Locky Ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Locky Ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Locky Ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Locky Ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses