Browser hijacked by “Hide My Searches”: Is there any solution?
This article will give you complete information about Hide My Searches as well as you will get some recommended tips to delete it from machine. You can read this article for learning or educational purpose also. According to Cyber security researchers, it is very notorious malware and computer infection that is belongs to browser hijacker family. It redirects your browser’s search on hidemysearches.com or other misleading websites that shows bogus results on your browser. Don’t be panics, please read this article carefully.
Threat Name: Hide My Searches
Threat Type: Redirect Virus or Browser Hijacker, Adware, PUP
Description: Able to hijack your main browser and redirects your browser’s search on unknown websites that shows misleading contents and lots of ads or popup on your browser
Distribution Methods: Bundles of free software packages, malicious ads or popup messages and many other tricks
Motives of Crooks: Aims to collect your sensitive information as well as steal your money from your wallet or e-wallet
What is Hide My Searches?
Hide My Searches or hidemysearches.com is fake website domain or search engine that is come under Cyber threats. Some other related malware are Find My Route Pro, Find Forms Easy and Butwisa.com. According to experts, this cunning malware get enters into your machine from various methods of bundling & social engineering and leads major damages in our computer. It modifies your browser shortcuts on the desktop with its own extension and pin it to taskbar as well. When you try to open such infected shortcuts, then you will see malicious unwanted website domain or hidemysearches.com as default search engine of your browser. It claims that it is safe & fast search engine as compare to some popular search engine like Google, Yahoo and Bing. But it is bogus at all. You should never trust on them at any cases. If your System has detected this malware, then you should try to remove Hide My Searches from computer immediately.
Harmful impacts of Hide My Searches Browser Hijacker on your machine
- It targets your Windows OS like Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 OS based computer without permission.
- It blocks some genuine application running in your computer such as antivirus software, Firewall security setting, control panel, System registry setting, command prompt and others.
- This dubious malware hijacks your main browser including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and other browsers.
- It changes the default setting of home page, new tab and search engine of your browser that can cause redirect your browser’s search on hacked or third parties’ websites.
- They can connect your System to remote server and allows the hacker to access your computer in their own ways that can be very dangerous for you.
Distribution Methods: How your System gets infected from Hide My Searches Redirect Virus?
It is generally get enters into your machine from malicious ads or popup messages which are displayed on your browser by hacked websites. This cunning malware can get enters into your machine from bundles of free software packages, fake software updates or pirated software, infected external media drives, social media, downloaded media files, file sharing network, porn or adult related websites, hacked or third parties’ websites and many other tricks. You should be careful while surfing online and click on ads or popup after double reading. It is possible to remove Hide My Searches from System with our easy removal solution.
You may also read: Capital One data breach case -106 million customers get affected
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Hide My Searches from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Hide My Searches and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Hide My Searches opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Hide My Searches from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Hide My Searches associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Hide My Searches and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Hide My Searches and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Hide My Searches and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Hide My Searches from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Hide My Searches and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Hide My Searches and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Hide My Searches and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Hide My Searches from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Hide My Searches and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Hide My Searches
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hide My Searches
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Hide My Searches (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Hide My Searches and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Hide My Searches and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Hide My Searches instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Hide My Searches
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses