Easy methods to uninstall Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware
This article will give you complete details about Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware as well as you will get some recommended steps to delete it from System. You can read this article for learning or educational purpose also. According to Cyber security experts, it is very notorious malware and computer infection that is belongs to Gandcrab Ransomware family. It is new variants of Gandcrab V5 crypto-virus that is able to lock all files of your computer hard drives by appending random 8-letter File extension and drops ransom notes as name using this extension in capital letter and adding “-DECRYPT.txt” or “DECRYPT.html” after the file extension. It does bogus promises to decrypt your all files immediately, once you pay ransom money to them. Don’t be panics, please read this article carefully.
More about Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware: Demands $2400 in Bitcoin or Dashcoin for decryption
According to experts, this nasty file virus is made using very powerful encryption algorithm techniques by Cyber criminals. They never do any mercy with you. It easily alters your Windows PCs and does malicious infection in your computer without permission. Initially, it disables some genuine application running in your computer such as antivirus software, Firewall security setting, control panel, System registry setting, Command Prompt and others. It modifies your System registry setting that cause restarts your computer in certain interval of times automatically. Once it installed, you can’t work on your machine comfortably as usual like before. If you have created backup of your all files by using very strong backup & recovery software, then it is good for you.
Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware encrypts/locks all files including documents, databases, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, images, audios, videos, games, pdf and other files of your computer hard drives. Initially, it gives free decrypt test for 2-3 files of your computer that successfully decrypt these files. After that, it will ask you to pay 2400 USD in Bitcoin or Dash to decrypt rest of the files. You should never believe on them. They will never decrypt your files at any cases. In order to pay ransom money to them, it can keep record your some information such as IP address, URLs search, geographical location, browser history, search queries, user name, password, age, email ID, bank account details and more details as well. However, it can delete all files & folder of your computer and makes your System useless. So, it is important to delete this harmful file virus from System.
Details of Gandcrab Variants:
.GDCB file extension virus: This version of Gandcrab virus is mostly get enters into your machine from malicious email messages and email attachments. It spreads the copies of itself in each location of your computer hard drives and makes all files locked by appending .GDCB file extension. It demands 1.54 Dash ransom for the decryption.
Gandcrab v2: It is new and second version of Gandcrab crypto-malware which is distributed via seamless malvertising campaign leading victims to RIG exploit kit. It is very dangerous malware creation of Cyber criminals who want to gain illegal online income and cheat with innocent users.
Gandcrab V3: it is made using AES-256 CBC & RSA-2048 encryption algorithm techniques which are capable to lock all types of files of your computer hard drives and drops CRAB-DECRYPT.txt ransom notes on your System screen. It asks you to pay specific amount of ransom money in Dash cryptocurrency to decrypt your files.
Gandcrab V4: This version of Gandcrab was detected in July 2018 that uses AES=256 CBC & RSA-2048 encryption algorithm techniques. It modifies each file by appending .KRAB file extension and drops CRAB-DECRYPT-txt or KRAB-DECRYPT.txt on your System screen. This version showed up with its sub-version i.e, Gandcrab V4.1 and Gandcrab V4.2 virus.
Gandcrab V5: it is new and updated version of Gandcrab ransomware which has also several sub-versions i.e., Gandcrab 5.0.1, Gandcrab 5.0.2 and Gandcrab 5.0.4. It locks all files of your computer by appending randomly generated extension and adding DECRYPT.html afterward. It demands $800 – $2400 amount of ransom money for the decryption.
Distribution methods of Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and other Gandcrab variants:
- Freeware or shareware: It can come in your System accidently from bundles of free software packages which you are downloaded from internet.
- Fake software updates or pirated software: If you are using pirated software in your computer, then you might get lots of junk files in your computer.
- Porn or adult related websites: If you are watching porn videos regular from infected or porn websites, then you might get malicious infection in your machine.
- Infected external media drives: It can come in your System through infected CD, DVD, USB drives, SD cards and others.
- Email spam messages: This nasty crypto-malware can get enters into your machine from email spam messages and email attachments.
- Downloaded media files: If you are downloaded movie, music, games, pdf, ppt, docs and other files of your computer from infected sources, then you might get malicious infection in your System.
You may also read: GandCrab Operators use Vidar Infostealer to steal personal details
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Gandcrab v5.0.4 Ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses