Easy FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar removal instruction
Mindspark Interactive Network developed FreeAuctionFinder is yet another rogue application. It is advertised as legit tool to find relevant and latest auctions. However, it is a unwanted application comes under browser hijacker category that intrudes by stealth without users’ permission. This type of app promotes a fake search engine (hp.myway.com in this case). Besides, it makes changes on browser settings and monitors the web browsing activities all the day during browsing sessions.
FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar targets browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and etc. It hijacks the installed browsers and changes their settings. The default search engines, homepages and tab pages set to hp.myway.com. Users are forced to visit this on their browser when opening the browsing tabs and search web on the URL bar. Attempting to restore the browsers settings option to the default is blocked by downloading and installing various helper objects that have task schedules to reassign the changes time to time and have the capability to activate and prevent users when they come over the browser settings and start conducting changes. In other word, users left with the only choice to surf the intent using the aforementioned tool as their main browser search engine.
The reason why the domain is considered malicious is that this site always causes unwanted redirects to unreliable websites before showing search engine in a legit search engine. Additionally, it has data tracking capability. It can gather the data such as IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited and similar. To achieve this, the PUP is implant with various tracking technologies that help in monitoring users browsing sessions. Later on, the collected details are sent to the developers via connecting their remote server. The developer can share the details to potent Cyber Criminals who misuse the data to generate illicit revenue that can result into huge risk of privacy and even identity theft. In short, there is nothing good about FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar. Without thinking much, remove it from the system and get rid of browser misbehavior and possibly other malicious system background processes. We recommend you using Spyhunter to perform the removal process and get the best result.
How did the infection occur?
FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar has its official website. However, users most often install it unintentionally. This is because Cyber Criminals use different ways to distribute it. The common and effective one from them is software bundling. Bundling is basically an undercover installation of third party apps with some regular software. The information about additional components is hidden behind Custom/Advanced option and many users skip installation steps and leave unchanged these setups. These misbehaviors are the main reason behind unwanted apps intrusion.
How to prevent unwanted app installation?
Use official websites and direct links for any software download. Using third party sources for software such as freeware and shareware can lead any secret apps installation as these are major sources for malware getting bundled. Therefore, preventing these sources is highly recommended. Further, installation process needs to be done with much care. Use Custom/Advanced option and analyze each step. Opt out all additionally attached apps and decline all offers with the chosen software for download.
Remove FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar
Manual malware removal guide for malware removal is mentioned below. Either complete these steps or use Spyhunter or other reliable antivirus tool to automatically remove FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar from the system.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar from infected Windows PC
The elimination of FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall FreeAuctionFinder Toolbar
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses