Step by step File Converter Master removal instruction
File Converter Master is a bogus application that promotes a fake search engine named Search.fileconvertermaster.com. It has its official page on which it is advertised as a legitimate app helps in converting doc files to and from PDF file format. By getting attracted by the promotional page, users might install it intentionally. However, most of the times, the intrusion of this type of apps occurs without users’ consent. Either way, this app conducts major changes on the browser settings to promote the fake search engine and gather data related to users’ browsing activities.
Following to successful intrusion, File Converter Master hijacks the installed browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and etc and assigns the homepages, new tabs and default search engines to Searach.fileconvertermaster.com. These changes seem insignificant. However, it is not so. The app reassigns the changes time to time and prevents users to restore the settings to the default. In other word, the users are forced to visit the aforementioned domain while opening any browsing tabs/Windows and search web on the URL bar. This diminishes the web browsing experience.
Note that Search.fileconvertermaster.com is not a legitimate search engine. It could not generate its own search engine rather takes the help of search.yahoo.com for this. Thus, the presence of this as the default search engine meaning no sense. Additionally, the browser hijacker app and the fake search engine have the data tracking capability as well. They can track users’ browsing activities and collect the data such as IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited and others similar. Such non-personal identifiable details might contain personal information. The developers can share such details to potent Cybercriminals who misuse the data to generate illicit revenue that can cost on privacy and cause monetary loss, identity theft and may result in some severe consequences. To avoid these all issues, you must need to remove File Converter Master and never visit Search.fileconvertermaster.com ever again.
Beware: PUPs come bundled with other software
Potentially unwanted applications like File Converter Master are distributed via using various deceptive techniques. The most common and effective ones are intrusive advertisements and bundling method. Intrusive advertisements are designed to redirect users to unreliable websites or may run malicious scripts to cause computer infection. The bundling method allows the PUPs developers to attach their apps with regular software and offer for the download the bundled apps in packages. What the developers do is hide the additionally attached apps downloading and installation option behind Custom/Advanced option of downloading and installation process. On the top, users reckless rush downloading and installation procedures and skip various crucial installation steps and carelessly click on any ads often lead the inadvertent installation of unwanted applications.
How to prevent intruding unwanted applications?
In order to prevent intruding unwanted apps, you must need to be careful, especially at the installation moment. Rather skipping various steps, analyze each step and before clicking on the next check to ensure that this will not cause any secret intrusion of any apps. You can deselect all additionally attached components if you opt for Custom/Advanced option of downloading and installation process. Further, we recommend you use official websites and direct links all the time for any software download. Untrustworthy software downloading sources such as freeware downloaders, P2P networks and free file hosting sites are the major sources for monetizing through bundling. Users require staying away from these sources. Moreover, intrusive advertisements always redirect to unreliable websites such as gambling, adult dating and pornography and others similar. If you encounter any such sites, immediately remove all recently intruded apps.
Remove File Converter Master
Manual malware removal guide might be a lengthy and a complicated process that require advanced computer skills. Instead of this, install Spyhunter to automatically remove File Converter Master from the system.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall File Converter Master from infected Windows PC
The elimination of File Converter Master and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete File Converter Master opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate File Converter Master from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for File Converter Master associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with File Converter Master and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select File Converter Master and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End File Converter Master and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall File Converter Master from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out File Converter Master and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for File Converter Master and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out File Converter Master and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove File Converter Master from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by File Converter Master and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\File Converter Master
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\File Converter Master
Process B: Automatic Method to delete File Converter Master (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for File Converter Master and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with File Converter Master and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete File Converter Master instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall File Converter Master
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses