Easy Maps Now removal instructions
According to its description page, Easy Maps Now is a legitimate application that provides users with GPS-related features. However, users who install it do not find any such feature in their PC. Users may see this app being installed in their PC even when they did not do that. Actually, Easy Maps Now is a potentially unwanted program or browser hijacker application which is supposedly presented as an appropriate application. Other negative associations of this app include promotion of some fake search engine and tracking data related to users’ browsing activity.
As it mentioned, The Easy Maps Now application promotes a fake search engine –search.searchemn.com. This dubious domain also takes the place of the homepage and new tab URL of the affected browsers of the compromised PC. To achieve this, the hijacker virus intrudes inside and soon hijacks the active browsers, modifies the settings and assigns the dubious place on the places by replacing the existing one. It often downloads some additional extensions on the browsers to prevent users to return to the previous browsers’ settings option whenever they are trying to do so. Hence, users are forced to visit the dubious domain all the time they open their browsers’ Window/tab page or search any queries on the search box. This diminishes the web browsing quality.
Name: Easy Maps Now
Type: Browser Hijacker
Promoted URL: Search.searchemn.com
Symptoms: The browser hijacker set a dubious domain on the homepage, search engine and tab page of the active browsers on compromised machine.
Distribution: free software installers
Damage: browsing activity data tracking, displaying unwanted ads, intrusive redirects
Removal: Run System scan with spyhunter
As users will find it after using, the site that Easy Maps Now promotes as a search engine is useless. This search engine redirects the queries to search.yahoo.com (a legitimate search engine belongs to yahoo web browser). Being a search engine, search.searchmn.com should show its own search result. Unable to show the result of its own says that your browsers are not required this domain and often can work better without this domain. Other downside of the hijacker virus and the dubious domain is their data tracking ability. The developers are allowed to gather non-personal identifiable information that includes IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited, and other similar data. These data could be shared to potent Cyber Criminals who generate revenue by misusing these data. Thus, data tracking can result into huge risk of privacy and even identity theft. The victims are strongly advised to remove Easy Maps Now and never visit search.searchmn.com again.
How did Easy Maps Now intrude?
Easy Maps Now has its official website offering free download. Users might download it manually by getting tricked by its false but attractive feature. However, most of the users download it unintentionally. Developers distribute it by using social engineering trick called bundling which allows stealth installation of some third party app with some regular software download. What the developers do is hide bundled applications behind Custom/Advanced settings of downloading/installation processes. Users rush during the software downloading moment and do not pay much attention while installing it. These behaviors lead them into downloading/installing the potentially unwanted app without their permission.
How to avoid potentially unwanted apps installation?
You should be cautious while surfing Internet as well as downloading/installing any software. Always be ensuring to select Custom/Advanced option and carefully analyze each Window of downloading/installation dialogues to avoid any unwanted app intrusion attached with the chosen software for download. We recommend you using official websites and direct links all the time for any software download and avoid using third party downloaders/installers which are mostly monetized by using the bundling method. Moreover, use some reputable antivirus tool for betterment.
Remove Easy Maps Now
Follow the below step by step Easy Maps Now removal instructions provided below to get rid of browser misbehavior and possible malicious background activities. You can run an automatic malware removal tool such as Spyhunter to perform the virus removal process.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Easy Maps Now from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Easy Maps Now and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Easy Maps Now opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Easy Maps Now from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Easy Maps Now associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Easy Maps Now and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Easy Maps Now and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Easy Maps Now and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Easy Maps Now from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Easy Maps Now and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Easy Maps Now and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Easy Maps Now and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Easy Maps Now from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Easy Maps Now and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Easy Maps Now
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Easy Maps Now
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Easy Maps Now (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Easy Maps Now and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Easy Maps Now and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Easy Maps Now instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Easy Maps Now
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses