Details about DuckDuckGo and removal procedures
The very first thing we would like to clear to our readers first is, DuckDuckGo is technically not a virus and a very reputable search engine. And giving any wrong impression to this website is completely not what it deserves. This online search engine applet has almost 15.5 million visitors per month which really means the website is obviously helpful. Taking the popularity in mind, even you might come across to access DuckDuckGo while intending to meet some specific prospects. Yes, this search engine is a very renowned software and is a great choice for those users who want a search engine which doesn’t spy over your online activities. You might have heard about many deceptive search engines marked as browser hijackers because they use to collect various browsing details about user’s online sessions and the system itself, but the DuckDuckGo is nothing like those and gives priority to user’s privacy protection at its best.
None of the guy will deny a fact that online privacy is such a rare feature offered by any search engine, and using the DuckDuckGo simply lets the users to search the web without being tracked, but a fact that a user must also know that this reputable website has been employing active promotion strategies. This means, the search engine may show up on screen without seeking your direct permissions.
Such capabilities of software distribution is not something new and you might also aware of it. Also, this kind of strategies should not be considered to be illegitimate. But, this has been used even by reliable developers as well as shady ones to promote their search engine options. This means, in case if you somehow come to see the unintentional presence of DuckDuckGo on your browsers while using Mac, or Windows system, then you can’t blame others rather than yourself. The reason to satisfy this line is, the users like you are the one who allows such installation of bundled applications which are shared over web free of cost, and skipping the important installation steps while activating freebies. If in case you are going to install a freebie bundled with DuckDuckGo, you should just get through custom/advanced installation mode to deselect unwanted items, if you don’t want them activated, whether it be DuckDuckGo or some shady ones. it’s all your choice and skipping this step simply assures you are allowing unwanted applications as well.
In such instances if you fail to deselect any unwanted programs on your computer while installing freeware, you can immediately start to notice problems while performing regular browsing habits. Such unintended software will interfere you on regular basis and redirect you to visit some sponsored domains to increase its partnered site’s traffic. So, if you want not to face off these unusual redirects and hassles, we suggest you to remove DuckDuckGo from your computers. Choosing preferred manual steps or an automatic solution prescribed here will easily assist you accomplishing the removal.
Why PUPs are considered disastrous and should not be deployed?
Although DuckDuckGo as mentioned in this article is safe if you choose it to browse the web, but in case if some PUPs get installed while installing freebies, you may end up facing highly hectic issues, which includes:
- Hijacked browser settings redirecting you most of the times to see poisoned search results.
- Various browser extensions, addons, plugins will be added to show pop up ads, or just eats internet resources to slow down system performance.
- Tracks your online history, browsing details, and other sensitive information to share them with cyber criminals.
- Exposes present system vulnerabilities to outsiders, taking advantage of which more malware intrusion may succeed.
- And even many more of the worst issues will surface on screen to disturb you throughout the days. So, it’s always better to double check each and every of your online activities, to keep these moderate threats away.
Suggested methods to remove DuckDuckGo from your computer
Again, we are highlighting that DuckDuckGo is completely not a redirect virus, and using this web application is safe. But, in case this is installed or configured on your browsers without your intention, then you are responsible for it. But, it’s not even a big deal to be worried as its removal is possible with some easy manual steps, prescribed below. If you intend to have a hassle free method to remove DuckDuckGo and other unintentionally installed PUPs out of your machine, we recommend you to choose an automated solution.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall DuckDuckGo from infected Windows PC
The elimination of DuckDuckGo and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete DuckDuckGo opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate DuckDuckGo from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for DuckDuckGo associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with DuckDuckGo and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select DuckDuckGo and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End DuckDuckGo and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall DuckDuckGo from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out DuckDuckGo and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for DuckDuckGo and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out DuckDuckGo and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove DuckDuckGo from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by DuckDuckGo and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete DuckDuckGo (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for DuckDuckGo and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with DuckDuckGo and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete DuckDuckGo instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall DuckDuckGo
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses