Step By Step Measures To Remove DownloadProtect
The term DownloadProtect is a new adware infection or program developed to impact Windows based computers. Getting installed on targeted computers, this kind of application leads to erupt various unwanted advertisements or pop ups on screen which enforce users to click them, and redirects to some third party scamming websites. These DownloadProtect powered advertisements shows up a number of common commercial options which seems to be legitimate and usually brings coupons, discount vouchers, banners with promotional schemes, and many more. All these basically appears the same like other genuine commercial promotions, but in reality, these adverts are just to trap users through fake offers and helps advertisers to earn traffic.
Speaking about DownloadProtect in technical terms, it’s basically available in form of browser extension or addon compatible to run with any browser variants. So, no matters you are using Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Ie, Edge, or whatever else, if the adware manage to get installed with your web browsers, it will turn your browsing sessions completely into annoying sessions. In addition, once this vicious browser extension or addon gets added to web browsers, it also makes various modifications inside browsers to make the made settings irreversible on targeted computers. Basically, it impacts registry settings, installed security applications, MBR, startup settings, and many other administrative configurations, which helps the adware to remain inside computer and prevented against removal.
Possible symptoms to identify DownloadProtect on infected Windows systems
Since the DownloadProtect adware probably makes the normal browsing sessions into disastrous ones, it’s mandatory to detect and remove this object out of computer. But, before you start to eradicate this vermin out, it’s also mandatory to confirm if this adware is really inside your machine. Although these symptoms are common for almost all adware extensions like DownloadProtect, but this potentially mean you need to treat your system efficiently with some recommended measures. So, let’s learn about some common symptoms caused by DownloadProtect or similar advert applications on an infected computer:
- Frequent advertisements in form of pop ups, banners, fake surveys, etc will erupt on screen.
- Common browser settings like homepage, search engine, proxy, DNS, etc will be altered without any prior notice.
- Any website which you try to visit, will display various advertisements, and never yield you in easy to interact with its real contents.
- Modified search engine default values will show you irregular websites as search engine, and bring you poisoned search results in SERP.
- Various fake software update related pop ups will appear on screen to force you installing those.
- A number of hectic programs or extensions or addons get added to system without your permission, and eats system resources.
How DownloadProtect usually propagated over the web?
The hectic adware programs like DownloadProtect are officially promoted by its creators in form of helpful browser helping object, and they have their own official websites too. But, they probably make use of stealth techniques to install the adware on computers remotely. In order to do so, they utilize software bundling, social engineering attacks, email spam campaigns like common malware distribution methods, which further makes the whole PC usage disastrous in no time. Means, downloading and installing any freebies or other suspicious objects through email, should not be accomplished without double checking the stuffs. If you do so, the malicious programs will enter inside system without any prior notice and makes your PC usage sessions into nightmares.
What to do if DownloadProtect has infected your computer?
In circumstances if you come to see your computer is infected by DownloadProtect and needs proper removal guidelines, then we highly suggest you check out the methods or guidelines here prescribed. The best and easiest way to take over such malware impacts is just to use a powerful anti-malware scanner program. This kind of application and its usage are even recommended by security experts to keep a system prevented against massive malware attacks. Alternatively, a few manual instructions and its series can also be helpful, but it requires the users to be a bit technical, else it may even cause the system to suffer more hectic problems.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall DownloadProtect from infected Windows PC
The elimination of DownloadProtect and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete DownloadProtect opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate DownloadProtect from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for DownloadProtect associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with DownloadProtect and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select DownloadProtect and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End DownloadProtect and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall DownloadProtect from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out DownloadProtect and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for DownloadProtect and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out DownloadProtect and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove DownloadProtect from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by DownloadProtect and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete DownloadProtect (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for DownloadProtect and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with DownloadProtect and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete DownloadProtect instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall DownloadProtect
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses