Complete Conficker.C removal guide
Conficker.C is a worm infection. It adds the affected computer network to botnet and then controls the device remotely to launch denial to services attacks and leads system crashes. This malware creates backdoor for various other malware infections, launches numerous malicious processes and even shuts down the services such as government offices, hospitals and banking institutions.
Trojans are the type of virus that runs silently and so for the long time, users do not suspect on its presence and many processes. However, the users can notice its presence as malicious by seeing that frequent OS errors, unknown processes run on the background, or executable files (comaddin32.dll, svchost.exe, explorer.exe, or services.exe) are created and running on the Task manager and unable to access to several important functions or features such as Control panel, registry editor and command prompt and similar.
Distinct feature of this worm is that it breaks into a computer system and then connects to a large network of machines –botnet which then spreads the malware to other devices. The malware is also capable of infecting removable devices such as USB sticks. The PCs having outdated system and security vulnerability are the major vectors for this malware infection. Thus, you must need to keep your system installed applications up-to-date.
Symptoms: Annoying messages, system crash, suspicious processes running on the background
Distribution methods: exploits MS08-067 vulnerability, infected files, insecure external drives
Damages: stealing personal data, other malicious malware intrusion, decreased computer speed and performances
Removal: Use spyhunter to delete Conficker.C
Dangerous risks associated with this threat are in numbers. Apart from the risk of PC issues that it creates, the damages cause by other viruses that it intrudes is still to be added. The symptoms of PC after those viruses infection depend on the type of viruses that intrude. The affected system might be a target for ransomware, keystroke loggers and cryptocurrency miner. Ransomware is one that encrypts stored files and then demands ransom payment to be paid to get access the files again. Keystroke loggers target the stored personal data such as login credentials, emails and banking details by using which cyber criminals can create the huge risk of privacy issue, financial loss and identity theft. Cryptocurrency miner viruses generate Cryptocurrency for their developers by consuming the most usage of CPU and GPU resources that diminish the overall PC performances and speed. Delete Conficker.C immediately, if you are one of the victims.
How did the infection occur?
This malware discovered a new flaw on Windows operating system and exploit it to intrude in, if users have not patched it. It also spreads by disguising its origin and controllers. It encrypts the command and controls to avoid the security tools to shut down it. Another common way for its infiltration is spam email campaign. In the campaigns, deceptive emails containing with legitimate looking PDFS, DLLs or Exe Files pose as attachments are distributed. The recipients when open such attachments, a payload initiates that runs malicious scripts to cause infection.
Here it is important to keep the system installed applications and firewall security measures up-to-date. For this purpose, you should use some reputable antivirus tool. Further, you should also think twice before clicking on email attachments. Firstly, look whether the email that you receive appear from some genuine source. After analyzing well the email containing message and ensuring about the sender address of the email, you should make a choice to download/install any files/documents or click/open any attachments, if it is must to download, otherwise ignore it. Use official sources of any software and application download.
Use spyhunter or other reliable antivirus tool to remove Conficker.C from the system. However, if you do not have much believe on IT skills, use the below mentioned step by step instruction to perform the virus removal process.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Conficker.C from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Conficker.C and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Conficker.C opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Conficker.C from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Conficker.C associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Conficker.C and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Conficker.C and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Conficker.C and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Conficker.C from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Conficker.C and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Conficker.C and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Conficker.C and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Conficker.C from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Conficker.C and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Conficker.C (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Conficker.C and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Conficker.C and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Conficker.C instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Conficker.C
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses