Simple Chive App virus removal guide
Chive App virus or Chive Application has been developed for adult related purposes. It is owned by Resignation Media LLC and available for downloaded on Apple App Store, Google Play Store and other Internet stores. Users have complaint about redirecting and advertising activities of this app. The redirection takes the users to the pages which claim non-existing malware inside the PCs. Others stop using the application just because they cannot stand with the intense ads appearance. Due to these behaviors, the application is categorized as a potentially unwanted program or Adware.
Name: Chive App virus
Found in: Internet Stores such as Google Play Store and Apple play store
Targeted device: iOS, Windows OS, iPhone, Android
Malicious activities: causing shady redirects, displaying intrusive advertisements
Distribution methods: Software bundling, deceptive pop-up ads
Damages: possibly downloading and installation of other PUPs, internet browsing tracking
Removal process: Use Spyhunter to eliminate Chive App virus
Adware developers often inject advertisements in their applications or may allow injection of various contents to generate revenue. Beware; the Chive App promotes rogue software – MacKeeper or other suspicious computer tools. It might lure you into various scams. Typically, it lures users into scam that offer to win fake rewards to get a new iPhone 6 models. These are bogus offered presented for evil intensions. If you click on associated links to take the prize, you are asked to enter sensitive information about yourself and type in even your banking details. If you do that, you will provide your crucial data to potent Cyber Criminals who misuse the data to generate illicit revenue.
Another problems the reported by users while using it is the Chive App redirect. The redirection is annoying as this happens even with a single clicking on any picture. Besides, it is intrusive as well. It could land you on infected source through which the device can be infected with a dangerous virus such as Trojan, ransomware or spyware. By looking these behaviors of the app, you must reconsider to downloading it in your device. The app can affect the iOS, iPhones, Windows OS and even mobile phones. If you are the one who already has this app inside the device, you should remove Chive App virus. We highly recommend you use Spyhunter or a similar tool to remove all malicious apps from the system.
How did the infection occur?
As it mentioned, Chive App has its official website. However, mostly users install it unintentionally. Developers distribute it via using deceptive bundling method or aforementioned intrusive advertisement. In bundling, stealth installation of unwanted apps take place with some regular software download. They hide the bundled apps under Custom/Advanced option of downloading and installation process. Users rush and skip these procedures often download and install the unwanted applications on their devices.
How to avoid intruding potentially unwanted programs?
Use official websites and direct links for any software download. Avoid third party downloaders and installers. Pay close attention during each software download and installation moment to avoid intruding any suspicious downloads. For this purpose, you should use Custom/Advanced option of downloading and installation process and opt out all additionally attached apps and decline all offers with the download and install such. Further, intrusive advertisements look appropriate because lots of resources have been infected in designing them. Luckily, you can distinguish them as they always redirect users to unreliable websites such as gambling, pornography and adult dating and similar. If you encounter any such sites, immediately remove all malicious apps (extensions, add-ons, or plug-ins).
Remove Chive App virus
Below, step by step Chive App virus removal instruction is provided for you so that you will not find any trouble when performing the removal process. You can use professional Spyhunter –an automatic malware removal tool to automatically remove Chive App virus from the system.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.
Methods to uninstall Chive App virus from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Chive App virus and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Chive App virus opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Chive App virus from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Chive App virus associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Chive App virus and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Chive App virus and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Chive App virus and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Chive App virus from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Chive App virus and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Chive App virus and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Chive App virus and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Chive App virus from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Chive App virus and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Chive App virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chive App virus
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Chive App virus (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Chive App virus and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Chive App virus and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Chive App virus instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Chive App virus
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses