All Details About .blend files virus & Its Removal
A newly detected ransomware infection called .blend files virus is a new strain comes from Phobos ransowmare, which is reportedly hitting unsuspecting users globally. As the name suggests, this ransomware use to append files stored on computer with .blend extension after encrypting targeted files. Alike seen in most of the ransomware attack cases, .blend files virus also locks down infected files and blocks them to be accessed when attempted, in the mean time the malware also throws a ransom note on screen which demands victims to pay ransom amount in order to get their files accessible once again. In case your computer has got infected by .blend files virus, then its removal and required techniques to do so is all here mentioned through this article. You must learn those if you are one of the victims infected by this creepy infection.
Summarized details of .blend files virus
Name: .blend files virus
Type: Ransomware, cryptovirus
Description: .blend files virus is a new strain of Phobos ransomware and aims to encrypt files on computer and enforce victims to pay a specified ransom amount.
Problems: All stored files become inaccessible, infected file’s extension changes to .blend
Distribution: Email attachments, fake or pirated software installers, bundled software packages
Removal: Highly recommended to choose automatic scanner
How .blend files virus infects a computer and further impacts?
The aforementioned name .blend files virus is alike its predecessor Phobos, and super predecessor Dharma, and uses AES encryption algorithms to turn your important files inaccessible in no time. To sneak inside ta targeted computer, the malware is distributed by its creators in various possible forms. A possible way can be browser redirection to some malicious websites which are loaded with payload in bundled form with helpful freebies. After the object is downloaded and installed, it impacts the whole system further without any prior notice. However, the mostly reported instances states the distribution of .blend files virus is mostly performed through junk/spam email attachments. These attachment files are embedded with trojan or ransomware execution code, that once downloaded and executed, .blend files virus gets installed on machine as well. Therefore, a user should always be cautious against these intruders and related means of distribution.
Once the .blend files virus is intruded inside and executes, it first use to check the system for required conditions like present malware detection tools, system OS details, and many more. In case if it meets all its requirements, it proceeds with another module to scan and collect details of stored files, followed by encryption process. And finally, the malware inputs a ransom note on computer which mainly erupts when infected files are attempted to open. Look through the text message shown by such ransom note:
All your files are encrypted Hello World Data on this PC turned into a useless binary code To return to normal, please contact us by this e-mail: [email protected] Set topic of your message to ‘Encryption ID:6BBC6934’ Interesting Facts: • 1. Over time, the cost increases, do not waste your time • 2. Only we can help you, for sure, no one else. • 3. BE CAREFUL !!! If you still try to find other solutions to the problem, make a backup copy of the files you want to experiment on, and play with them. Otherwise, they can be permanently damaged • 4. Any services that offer you help or just take money from you and disappear, or they will be intermediaries between us, with inflated value. Since the antidote is only among the creators of the virus
So, in case if your computer got infected by .blend files virus, then you might be familiar with above messages or similar ones, which enforce you to contact criminals and pay demanded ransom amount sooner. But, you should not do the same what the note recommends to you. Rather, you should follow the guidelines described in the article further.
Removal of .blend files virus: required instructions or methods
In order to get rid of .blend files virus and its negative impacts completely out of your machine, we strongly suggest you not to pay the asked sum and remove .blend files virus along with all its files and processes with a powerful antimalware solution. Getting through manual steps can be very tricky and even may fail if you don’t have enough knowledge about the OS and its built-in utilities. To know about the automatic or manual removal steps in detail, head through the sections further. Once the removal is processed, you can also read some ways through which the recovery for encrypted files can also be processed.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall .blend files virus from infected Windows PC
The elimination of .blend files virus and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete .blend files virus opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate .blend files virus from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for .blend files virus associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with .blend files virus and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select .blend files virus and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End .blend files virus and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall .blend files virus from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out .blend files virus and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for .blend files virus and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out .blend files virus and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove .blend files virus from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by .blend files virus and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.blend files virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.blend files virus
Process B: Automatic Method to delete .blend files virus (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for .blend files virus and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with .blend files virus and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete .blend files virus instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall .blend files virus
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses