Ad Guardian removal instructions
Ad Guardian is a tool that supposedly helps the users who get tired off due to continuously unwanted ads displaying on their browsers. As the description page says, this programs blocks annoying advertisements while users browse the web. However, this is in the list of the program that doing false promises to get downloaded/installed. You will find this after its installation that it does nothing whatever it is claiming about in the description page. Developers even distribute this program through various social engineering techniques. According to its behavior, Ad Guardian is categorized as an adware virus which displays unwanted ads and record browsing data. You should uninstall it from the system, if you are using it intentionally/unintentionally.
Name: Ad Guardian
Symptoms: Unwanted advertisements and pop-ups displays, browser speed decreases
Distribution: Free software installers, deceptive pop-up ads, fake flash player installations
Damage: browsing speed downgraded, non-personal information tracking (privacy issues), possible additional malware infections
Removal: Run system scan with Spyhunter
Typically, PUPs of this type are designed to target web browsers, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and etc. When installed, Ad Guardian feeds users with unwanted ads, pop-ups, coupons, banners, surveys and so on. Clicking these will cause redirect to questionable sites which might run malicious scripts, especially designed to download/install other malicious malware/potentially unwanted programs. Further, it is known that adware type viruses promote some definite website which is set to the browsers Window/tab page. Once clicked, the dubious site causes redirects to questionable sites or displays suspicious graphical contents that diminish the web browsing experiences.
Other distinct behavior of an adware virus is data tracking. Ad Guardian can collect the data related to users’ browsing activity. These data might include IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited, geo-locations, and other similar information. These details might include personal details which could be shared to potent Cyber Criminals who generate revenue by missing the data. Thus, data tracking can result into huge risk of privacy and even identity theft. To sum up, adware type of virus can lead unwanted app intrusions, risks related to privacy, problems with web browsing, and cause other malicious malware installation. You must remove Ad Guardian from your system, if you want your PC secure and surf the Internet without as you do earlier before infection.
How did Ad Guardian intrude?
The most common way through which the adware virus intrude is software bundling. In bundling, stealth installation of third party application takes place with some regular software download. What developers do is hide their app under some regular software downloading/installation setups. Not all the users pay close attention while the downloading/installing the software and at the installation moment. The rush behavior and skipping installation procedure cause the unwanted app intrusion with the regular software download.
How to avoid unwanted app?
The other option that is recommended/quick mode leads everything with software download without users’ approval. You should use Custom/Advanced mode of download/installation process for any software download. The Custom option builds-a-list of apps attached on the software you download at the installation moment. So, you can manage the app that you want inside your PC. Further, you should always give the priority to official websites and direct links for any software download. Third party websites/links, spam email attachments, P2P networks, free file hosting websites and etc are not trustworthy and should be avoided. Further, using cracking tool for paid software is illegal. Various cracking tools lead malware intrusion at the end. Rely on official developer for any software update rather from any third party updating tools. Use some reputable antivirus tool for the providing your PC extra protection layer.
Remove Ad Guardian
Manual guide might be lengthy and time consuming process. It also needs an expertise on it. Use Spyhunter or other automatic malware removal tool to remove Ad Guardian and other malicious files and get rid of the browser misbehavior and possible malicious background activities.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Ad Guardian from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Ad Guardian and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Ad Guardian opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Ad Guardian from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Ad Guardian associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Ad Guardian and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Ad Guardian and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Ad Guardian and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Ad Guardian from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Ad Guardian and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Ad Guardian and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Ad Guardian and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Ad Guardian from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Ad Guardian and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Ad Guardian (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Ad Guardian and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Ad Guardian and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Ad Guardian instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Ad Guardian
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses