Details About STOP Ransomware & How To Treat The Infection
Speaking about the details of STOP Ransomware, at first, this ransomware is seen back in December 2017 and found one of the creepy identity under its malware family. It’s a file encrypting software created by cyber crime master minds that uses AES and RSA cryptography to encrypt all saved files on computer. After the encryption is successfully processed, the malware adds a .STOP file extension as suffix to affected files. Well, these details are actually about the previously discovered STOP Ransomware version which have been being improved day by day. In current scenario, the STOP Ransomware version is appending file extensions to ..SAVEfiles, .puma, .pumas, and many more. In addition, the malware is even identified to be active in more than 20 countries. And also, the current version of STOP Ransomware is active and known as DJVU Ransomware.
Talking about more other details, the current STOP Ransomware is demanding a ransom amount of approx $300 – $600 from users in order to exchange with data decryptor key. The ransom note deployed by STOP Ransomware these days are named _openme..txt, !readme.txt, and many more which all enforces the users to contact ransomware developers and their team through prescribed contact details through email via [email protected] and many others. If your system has recently got infected by this ransomware variant, then you might be aware of the fact that STOP Ransomware is offering you around 72 hours of time to buy decryption key and restore your files, otherwise the malware claims to delete your infected files permanently. Also, the hackers may send you a few unlocked data to your email to gain trust over you that they can really help you restoring the files, however, these are just a trap to turn you into a deceived customer.
How STOP Ransomware mostly comes through?
The ransomware identities whether it be STOP Ransomware or something else, these are mostly carried over the web through bundled attachments in junk or spam emails. These emails are mostly made convincing to users to let them downloading and opening the attachment on their computer. So, once this task is processed, a user ends up having problems because the ransomware quickly runs in system background and do all malign acts further without any prior notice. After this, their files are locked and ransom note is deployed to force users into paying money.
What should a user do?
Well, in case your system is seen infected by STOP Ransomware and all your important files are locked, the very first thing you would consider about is to restore your data anyhow. But the demanded sum by attackers would be still considerable and not even guarantees about file recovery. The reason is, hackers are just their to earn money illegally and expecting help from them is just a fool act. it’s better to find and get through some alternative method using which the affected files can be recovered back. To do so, security experts mostly recommend to choose a powerful antimalware application to remove STOP Ransomware and its associated files completely out of Windows and recover your files using a recently created backup file or opt some other data recovery modes.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall STOP Ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of STOP Ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete STOP Ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate STOP Ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for STOP Ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with STOP Ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select STOP Ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End STOP Ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall STOP Ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out STOP Ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for STOP Ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out STOP Ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove STOP Ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by STOP Ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete STOP Ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for STOP Ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with STOP Ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete STOP Ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall STOP Ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses