Know different ways the hackers use to hack passwords
No wonders, the Internet is full of the good guys who provide network access and help to communicate, work with other and get information and also the bad ones who target computer to worm their way into those network that cause various issues. The latter one is hackers. By connecting the networks, these evil people can easily steal secrets, obtain passwords, get credit card information and create so much of web traffic and etc. Common question arises here how they manage to connect to the network? How hacker hack computer? And how the hackers hack passwords?
“Computer gets hacked”, what does it mean?
Have you in an IRC chat? If your answer is in affirmative definitely your computer has been hacked. Spyware, rogue antivirus programs, and malware inside a PC are an indication that your computer is hacked. Here are some common terms that you will hear in discussions about the hackers and the hack.
- Backdoor – secret door through which hacker gain entry inside
- Buffer overview- By overrunning an application buffer, hackers try to deliver their malicious command to a system
- Root access- senior or most experienced hackers use this one. It allows the highest level of access to a computer system
- Root kit- Set of tools an intruder used to expand his control of the control
- Script kiddie- Young hacker uses such a tool. Such hacker present himself as a real hacker
- Session hijacking- hacker manage to insert malicious data packets into actual data transmission over the Internet Connection
- Trojan horse- supposedly helpful application that tricks the users into opening it for some malicious malware invasion
- Email worm- normal looking email message leads infection in such a case. A virus laden script is attached on the contents of such an email.
- Denial-of-service attack- False traffic are flooding the normal traffic to cause an infection
How do hackers hack passwords?
Many technique hackers have that seem into existence with various passwords hack. One of such is phishing pages. The hackers offer users to login to their Gmail, Facebook etc from their phishing pages. Once the login entered, the login details get into the hand of these Cyber criminals.
Most of the time, the hackers use social engineering skills through which they scam the victims and convince them into taking some action that lead them into phishing pages. For an instance, the hackers send a message that states that the “This person has posted your bad picture on Facebook, Click here to check your Photo”. Once clicked, you will be taken into some unknown websites where you are asked to enter your password that will get in to the hand of the hackers.
There are some other methods as well. Some of them are discussed below
This one is the tool for getting password. It resides in system memory and runs at every start up. It records all the keystrokes and provides it to the hackers. We recommend you using Online Virtual Keyboard in case you typing the password for sensitive sites such as bank account, email and paypal account whose password access means the huge financial loss. You can use password manager that auto fills the login data and so, no any key logs will be made.
- Remote Administration Tool
Remote Administration tool or RAT is something through which a hacker can connect to the targeted PC without any consents. This makes the hackers to continuously monitor the activities and gather the personal details. Hackers can even copies the files stored on the hard drive of the compromised PC to their computer.
- Trojan Horses
Trojans are the malware that intrude through warez sites mostly. It is most common that anyone wish software for free. However, you must beware that when you download any software from any warez sites, all the keygens and patches and even the original trial program are infected. In a nutshell, you will unintentionally install some Trojan virus inside unwillingly.
How to protect yourself from Hacking
- Use some reputable, license anti-virus
- Window firewall security should be turned on always been
- Use password manager and activate 2FA for all services
- Avoid using warez sites
- Don’t open an attachment from email unless you have surety about it to be legitimate
- In case, if you feel your system get infected, do scan the PC without much delaying
- Do a security audit once a quarter or half of a year as your wish.
This is all about how hacker hack computer section through which you also come to know How to protect yourself from Hacking. Hope so, you will implement whatever you learn here in regular day to day surfing that will minimize the risk of your PC to get hacked in future.