Complete information about winlogon.exe
winlogon.exe process, also known as Window Logon Application or Windows NT Logon Application belongs to the software Microsoft Windows Operating System or NSSM 64-bit by Microsoft. It is an important executable file located in C:\Windows\System32 folder. Many a user have complaint about this file, it is causing errors related to this file. Many have registered complain about its utilizing the most CPU and GPU resources.
Malware with the same name
As we mentioned above, winlogon.exe is a genuine executable file of the Windows Logon Application. Any executable file or launching file is processing file which is required by any program for their well performance. Cybercriminals who design viruses such as Spyware, Trojan and Worms are using same process name to avoid detection. Some of the viruses having the same name as winlogon.exe process are Trojan:Win/lrcbrute or Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!dtc and Backdoor.Win32.VBmxd or Packed.Win32.Krap.ht. Thus, you must need to ensure that no rogue winlogon.exe is running inside your PC.
How we decide we are using the legitimate winlogon.exe?
If winlogon.exe file is found to be located in the subfolder of “users’ profile folder”, “C:\Program Files” or “C:\Windows folder”, “C:\Windows ”, C:\Windows\System32, “C:\” or any temporary files, there is maximum changes of the process being dubious. Run an antivirus scan to confirm. The tool scan for the viruses and detect winlogon.exe if it is one of them.
Risk associated with winlogon.exe
winlogon.exe virus is detected as Trojan virus which alter the PC crucial settings that are responsible for the well system performance. Major damages it causes are:
- data theft,
- Applications malfunctioning,
- Hard drive crash,
- Software failure,
- Boot errors,
- Windows starting and shutdown errors
- Time to time freezes and system crash
Trojans are known to be the virus that is designed to infiltrate other malicious malware. The infection can bring Spyware, Worm, ransomware or other malicious threats that create totally abrupt condition for the PC. Furthermore, the threat allows the developers to command and control server. They can steal personal details stored on the system. This is why, Cyber security experts always advise keep crucial personal details on some external drivers and avoid providing personal details to any sources on Internet so that if infection occurs, you will be in safer position as far as concerned with the privacy.
How did the Trojan intrude?
The infection occurs when users mess up on the Internet. Using non-reliable sources such as junk emails, porn sites, free online games, freeware and shareware, torrent sites, P2P networks, fake alert messages, cracks/pirated or fake software updates and etc are the main reason for the Infection. You must need to stay away from these sources. Use authentic, reliable, trustworthy, official websites and direct links for any software download. Keep focus all the time so that no any secret intrusions occur. Use Custom option at the installation moment to detect and delete any unwanted app. Moreover, use some reputable antivirus tool that block suspicious web contents and keeps up-to-date the installed firewall security measures and installed applications.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall winlogon.exe from infected Windows PC
The elimination of winlogon.exe and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete winlogon.exe opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate winlogon.exe from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for winlogon.exe associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with winlogon.exe and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select winlogon.exe and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End winlogon.exe and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall winlogon.exe from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out winlogon.exe and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for winlogon.exe and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out winlogon.exe and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove winlogon.exe from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by winlogon.exe and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete winlogon.exe (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for winlogon.exe and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with winlogon.exe and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete winlogon.exe instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall winlogon.exe
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses