Effective guide to delete Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam immediately
Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam is described as a notification that has been displayed by deceptive websites. It operates by deceiving users that their system is infected and they need to contact technical support provider to resolve this problems. The main purpose of this scam is to trick people into calling scammers who can cheat money from you and other unsuspecting people. This specific scam claims to originate from Microsoft but in reality it is fake and false. However, very few people visit such sites intentionally as most of them are redirected by intrusive adverts or by potentially unwanted applications that are already installed into their system.
This scam websites states that they has detected spyware which cause error and encourage people to call on the given number “+1-833-292-5292” immediately otherwise the detected malicious software will cause damage. Simply said, this tech support scam trick people into calling scammers immediately. Usually, people who call them are insisted to purchase software or use their technical services. The main goal is to extort money from innocent people. Thus, you are advised not to trust or visit this or any other similar websites. To end this, you must stop the browser process through Task manager.
The Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam displays this message:
Antivirus Update is required. Click the button below to download update
Your system is infected with 5 viruses
Your PC is infected with 5 viruses. Our security check found traces of 4 malware and 1 phishing/spyware. System damage: 28.1% – Immediate removal required!
The immediate removal of the viruses is required to prevent further system damage, loss of Apps, Photos or other files.
Traces of 1 phishing/spyware were found on your PC with Windows.
Personal and banking information is at risk.
To avoid more damage click on ‘Scan Now’ immediately. Our deep scan will provide help immediately!
3 minute and 59 seconds remaining before damage is permanent.
Further, this websites usually opened by potentially unwanted applications that are already installed on the browser as well as system. In most of the cases, this app is designed to open dubious pages, display ads and collect browsing related data. They collect information in form of IP addresses, pages viewed, entered search queries, URLs of visited websites and so on. Later, developers share all collected details with hackers who misuse it to generate revenue. Despite this, these PUAs also display intrusive advertisements in form of pop-ups, banners, deals, offers and other similar ads. If clicked, they redirect people to harmful websites or run scripts that are designed to download or install unwanted software. So, you should remove Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam or this type of similar apps immediately.
How did PUAs install on my PC?
This potentially unwanted programs usually installed into your computer when users click on deceptive ads that are displayed on dubious websites or while downloading or installing other programs. Developers distribute this unwanted software by using misleading marketing method called bundling. Basically, information about additional downloads or installations are hidden behind custom, advance or other similar settings of the installation setups. Thus, users rush and skip all those available settings unchanged and often cause inadvertent installation of unnecessary programs. So, you must be very cautious while downloading or installing software as well as clicking on ads and pop-ups.
How to prevent intruding unwanted apps?
To avoid installation of unnecessary programs like Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and other rogue applications, you are highly advised to go through below mentioned steps:
- To download or install any program, use only official websites and direct links.
- Third party installer, unofficial pages, file sharing networks and others should be avoided.
- While installing, check all available settings in any download or installation setups.
- Opt out for all additionally included apps and dismiss offers with the chosen software.
- Avoid clicking on intrusive ads displayed on unreliable websites related to adult dating, pornography and so on.
Name: Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam
Type: Phishing, Scam, Social Engineering, Fraud.
Fake Claim: According to this scam page the visitor’s computer is infected with spyware.
Symptoms: Fake error messages, pop-up errors, hoax computer scan, fake system warnings.
Distribution methods: rogue online pop-up ads, potentially unwanted applications, and Compromised websites.
Damage: Loss of sensitive private information, monetary loss, identity theft, possible malware infections.
Removal: Both manual as well as automatic guidelines have been discussed below under this post.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Windows-2020-microsoft.com pop-up scam
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses