Complete Touchpoint.fun removal guide
Touchpoint.fun is a rogue website that users encounter at any time during web browsing session on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox or any other browsers. Users who land on the site are immediately asked for enabling the site to push notifications. While this feature is used by many legitimate site in order to make the relevant site information accessible directly on the screen, the site Touchpoint.fun adopts it or its actors abuse this element to display pop-up ads, banners, offers, coupons and sometime even fake security update alters directly on the desktop. This is why, if you were a victim of this, you must think of how to disable this notification on your browser.
However, if you are continually visit Touchpoint.fun domain by a redirect from your browser, there is much probability of some adware infection. The ad-supported application typically intrudes along with some other software, such as freeware and shareware, download using software bundling and then starts redirecting users to unknown sites and display ads on each site that users visit. Typically, Touchpoint.fun begins by showing pop-up that states that:
Touchpoint.fun wants to show notifications
On pressing Allow button, users start receiving pop-ups and notifications from Touchpoint.fun directly on their desktop even when the browsers are non-operational. When users opt for the Deny option, they are directed to the site and are asked for the same permission again. The PUPs conduct major changes on the installed browsers settings and force open a new browser tab for this site in particular. This makes users visit the domain all the time with the opening of the browsing tab/Window. Aside showing pop-ups, the said domain focuses on redirecting users to sponsored, affiliated pages that could be malware laden to cause potentially dangerous malware intrusion.
Continually, it is common feature of any adware to display advertisements during web browsing. Such unwanted ads are intrusive and lead some other PUPs (in addition to the one that is causing Touchpoint.fun redirect), disclose users’ personal information and trick them paying money for fake services, when they interact with any of the ads provided. In addition, the ads are overlay with third party graphical content that limits the browsing speed and visibility of pages visited.
Furthermore, PUPs can track data related to users’ browsing session and collect the data related to their browsing activities. Such data include IP addresses, Search queries, Viewed pages, URLs visited, Type of OS and browser used and so on. Such data could be shared to potent Cybercriminals who misuse them to generate illicit revenue. Thus, data tracking can result into huge risk of privacy and can cause identity exposure. To prevent such things from happening in future, remove Touchpoint.fun redirect causing adware as soon as possible.
Beware of software bundles- PUPs can be hidden inside
Using third party sites for any software download become a common practice by now. Users search the free tools for certain functionality such as system optimization, driver updating, file conversions and many more. However, such programs might not always be safe and you must ensure about them from online review before their installation. Another important thing that you should keep in mind is that typically such apps promote some PUPs as an additional behind Custom/Advanced setups. Thus, it becomes necessary for you to always be careful during the installation moment as well:
- Read through each installation steps very carefully
- Choose Custom/Advanced option of the download
- Beware of the tricks such as pre-ticked boxes, misleading ads, misplaced buttons and similar
Step by step manual malware removal guide is provided below. Follow it so that you will not find any trouble during the removal process. You can use some reputable antivirus tool to automatically remove Touchpoint.fun adware from the system.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.
||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Touchpoint.fun from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Touchpoint.fun and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Touchpoint.fun opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Touchpoint.fun from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Touchpoint.fun associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Touchpoint.fun and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Touchpoint.fun and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Touchpoint.fun and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Touchpoint.fun from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Touchpoint.fun and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Touchpoint.fun and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Touchpoint.fun and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Touchpoint.fun from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Touchpoint.fun and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Touchpoint.fun (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Touchpoint.fun and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Touchpoint.fun and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Touchpoint.fun instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Touchpoint.fun
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses