Easy methods to uninstall Thegoodcaster.com Browser Hijacker
Does your PC browser is working abnormally and showing the doubtful “Thegoodcaster.com” webpage as the primary homepage. Are you irritated by the regular pop-ups of its related pop-ups? Do you feel as if your PC is being controlled by an ad-supported malware called adware? If the Online browsing experience is disturbed by advertisements and Thegoodcaster.com webpage redirections then it is recommended to read the blog till the end and get your queries solved.
Threat Name: Thegoodcaster.com
Threat Type: Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus, Adware, PUP
Description: Able to hijack your main browser and redirect your search on hacked or third parties’ websites that shows misleading contents and lots of ads or popup on your browser
Distribution methods: Bundles of free software packages, malicious ads or popup, suspicious or in-text links and many other tricks
Motives of Crooks: Aims to steal your crucial & confidential information and share it to illegal ones. They also want to steal your money from your wallet or e-wallet
What is Thegoodcaster.com Redirect Virus?
Thegoodcaster.com website promotes third parties’ products like software, websites and other products & services to generate some revenue from them as pay-per-click ad schemes. It displays ads or popup on your browser constantly that can degrade the overall performance of your internet browsing activities. According to experts, it might possible that it is genuine website and it helps you in any cases. However, it is potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is come under Cyber threats. Once it installed, you can’t work on your machine comfortably as usual like before. If your System has detected this malware, then you should try to uninstall it from machine immediately.
More details about Thegoodcaster.com
Thegoodcaster.com is an ad-supported program that is full of sponsored commercial like pop-ups, bogus offers, deals, coupons and so on. They look lucrative but it is very risky to make interaction with them. The ads that it displays on the screen are based pay-per-clicks. So, when you click on them or make an interaction then the associated cyber-criminals gets funds and commission in return. They have the capability to change the other company advertisements with their own. Most of the ads are customized according to your previous Online browsing habits hence you find it attractive but they are dangerous in reality.
The issues that users regularly face after Thegoodcaster.com attack are big. Apart from disturbing the Online browsing experience, it is a big threat for the personal data security as well. The plug-ins and add-ons that it adds in the browser are spying agents. They spy on users activities to get access over confidential information such as username, password, bank account details etc. The collected information is sent to third-parties in exchange of money and other financial benefits. They have the capability to connect the PC with a remote server and do all the modifications in the PC remotely.
Freeware and Shareware Carries Malware
The bundlers and installers of no-cost applications often contain hidden attachments with them. These hidden files are the payloads or scripts of malware infection. If you choose basic or default install method then the additional preselected files will not get detected. It is strongly recommended that you choose advance or custom method. One more thing that users ignore is reading the terms and agreement. You must read it as you will be able the kind of information and it collects. You will be able to know the features of installed program.
As precautionary measure, don’t open received email attachments without scanning it with an anti-malware tool. The cyber-criminals use the name of reputed organization and company and they project as if the attachments contain some important documents. These are spam and tricks to misguide you. Follow a safe Online browsing habits and avoid clicking on random clicks and pop-ups.
You may also read: How to remove Rumiceseeds.com browser hijacker from PCs
You don’t have to take the infected PC to a certified professional to remove Thegoodcaster.com. Follow the guide mentioned below and gets rid of this malware by your own. If the manual process seems to be difficult for you then it is better to use the automatic malware removal tool.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Thegoodcaster.com from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Thegoodcaster.com and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Thegoodcaster.com opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Thegoodcaster.com from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Thegoodcaster.com associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Thegoodcaster.com and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Thegoodcaster.com and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Thegoodcaster.com and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Thegoodcaster.com from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Thegoodcaster.com and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Thegoodcaster.com and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Thegoodcaster.com and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Thegoodcaster.com from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Thegoodcaster.com and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Thegoodcaster.com (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Thegoodcaster.com and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Thegoodcaster.com and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Thegoodcaster.com instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Thegoodcaster.com
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses