Simple Sport Reminder Search removal instructions
Sport Reminder Search redirect occurs when users have “SportMuze Search” extension inside the PC. This extension supposedly claims to be a valuable addition to the browser. You could install it by getting tricked by its false description. However, mostly users install it unknowingly with some other software download when users fail to pick correct download/installation method and skip crucial steps at the installation moment. Once inside the system, SportMuze Search sets Sport Reminder to the default search engine and some dubious site on the homepage and new tab pages. If you search queries in this search engine, you could see sponsored result. The pages might run malicious scripts, especially designed to download/install other malicious threat.
Name: Sport Reminder Search
Type: Browser hijacker
Symptoms: changed homepage, search engine, tab page. Constant ads and pop-ups
Description: the browser hijacker is one that promotes some dubious site to promote sponsored pages, steal browsing related data and shows commercial advertisements
Damage: Risk of other malicious malware intrusions, huge risk of privacy
Removal: Run system scan with Spyhunter or any other antivirus tool
The victims are forced to surf the Internet via the dubious site as their main search engine. The PUP downloads several helper objects that prevent them to restore the setting whenever they try to do so. Apart from showing the intrusive sites, the Sport Reminder Search displays numerous ads, coupons, deals, discounts, and other similar advertisements which that interrupt the users’ day to day online browsing session. They appear with some tools which enable placement of some sponsored sites/links, applications or other products and services which might lead some other malicious malware or unwanted apps intrusion. The victims should be careful from any scam, fake error alert, and false software updates notifications that are designed just to trick users into entering their personal details, downloading some useless applications and providing huge money. Furthermore, the Sport Reminder Search can collect the non-personal identifiable information including:
- IP addresses,
- Search queries,
- Viewed pages,
- URLs visited,
- Type of browser use,
- Bookmark saved,
- And etc
You may find this information on the description page written as:
We may collect or allow third parties to collect, through blocks of code called “pixels” or “web beacons”, certain information about you and send it to our servers and to our partners. We or our partners, package all or part of this information into small text files called Cookies and send the Cookie to your computer. As an example, Cookies may store search queries made through the Software & Services, the web pages you accessed, your interaction with advertisements presented to you via the Software & Services, features you used, your session duration and your configurations and preferences of the Software & Services.
As you see, the collected details could be shared to third parties. Some of them may be Cyber Criminals who misuse such details to generate illicit revenue. These activities will result into huge risk of privacy, identity theft and even more severe consequences. We as well as other experts recommend employing antivirus tools and remove Sport Reminder Search and other malicious files. Use some reliable tool such as Spyhutner to get the best result.
How did the infection occur?
When it comes to potentially unwanted program and browser hijacker or adware virus, the main method of malware distribution is software bundling. This involves freeware providers and PUP developers when they pack their products together and spread around the Internet. The bundled software could be found on different sources such as P2P services, downloading websites and other questionable software. Users skip crucial steps and unable to detect its presence while downloading the regular software.
However, the additional components on the regular software can be easily detected by paying a little attention at the downloading and installation moment. Use official websites and direct links for any software and use Custom option for the installation to detect any attached app with regular software. Moreover, install some reputable antivirus tool that runs all the times and prevents the PC from any big issues.
Remove Sport Reminder Search
Follow the manual guide mentioned below to remove Sport Reminder Search and the associated files from the system. You can run an antivirus scan to your system to get rid of the infection. Selection of the tool should be reliable one.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Sport Reminder Search from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Sport Reminder Search and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Sport Reminder Search opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Sport Reminder Search from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Sport Reminder Search associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Sport Reminder Search and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Sport Reminder Search and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Sport Reminder Search and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Sport Reminder Search from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Sport Reminder Search and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Sport Reminder Search and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Sport Reminder Search and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Sport Reminder Search from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Sport Reminder Search and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Sport Reminder Search
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sport Reminder Search
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Sport Reminder Search (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Sport Reminder Search and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Sport Reminder Search and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Sport Reminder Search instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Sport Reminder Search
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses