Complete Splwow64.exe removal instructions
The genuine Splwow64.exe file is a software component of Microsoft Windows by Microsoft. It is associated with Thunking Spooler APIS which is a core process that makes 32-bit applications compatible with a 64-bit Windows and does not pose any risk to a PC. It is located in C;\Windows folder or sometimes in a subfolder of C:\Windows and is a core system file. It is trustworthy file from Microsoft.
The problem is that Splwow64.exe file is often abused by Cybercriminals to disguise their threat. In other word, you might have installed malicious Splwow64.exe file inside your PC intentionally/unintentionally. In this case, you see many errors related to the files and the issues that particularly a Trojan virus creates. The differences between the two processes can easily be distinguished. The malicious one can be located in multiple locations. On the other hand, the genuine file runs only the Task manager for the genuine process.
The huge danger is associated with Splwow64.exe Trojan virus presence. It conducts major changes on the system settings to gain complete persistence over the PC. Doing this, it activates with each OS reboot and runs all the time consuming the huge amount of CPU and GPU resources. In case, the power utilizations exceeds 90%, there will be a case of overheat of the system components which even cause the permanent damages to the PC.
Further, the threat has data stealing capabilities. It can gather the stored information such as Fakebook/email account logins/passwords, credit card credentials and other crucial data. The infected PCs are connected with Command and control server. The hackers present on the server steal these details and use them to generate revenue. For this, they can do many fraudulent activities and share the details to potent Cyber Criminals. These people can misuse the data to cause the huge risk of privacy, monetary loss and even identity theft.
The hackers download and install many other viruses to the PCs. These include ransomware, cryptominer and even more dangerous threats that bring more and more malware and create malware hub that make the PC permanently unusable. Other dangerous feature of the threat can inject botnet on computers to cause infection to connected PCs in a network. For all these reasons, you must remove Splwow64.exe from the system.
How did the infection occur?
This type of infection generally occurs when users click on any spam emails, download file or software form third party downloading sources, and update installed apps not from officially provided tools and use fake cracking tools for activating paid software. Crooks send spam emails that contain malicious attachments and design deceptive messages on them. The text messages encourage users to click on the attachments leading the activation of the payload attach to it. The payload upon getting activated runs and downloads/installs malware. Untrustworthy software downloading sources such as freeware downloaders, P2P networks and free file hosting sites spread malware by presenting them as legit software. Fake software updaters/cracks infect computer by supposedly providing updating/activation for software.
How to prevent intruding the infection?
Emails that contain any attachments should be handled carefully. Check for the senders’ address legitimate and the attachments relevant before clicking them. Third party software downloaders, P2P networks and free file hosting sites and other untrustworthy software downloading sources promote rogue apps. The safest way is to use official websites and direct links for any software download. Cracking tools are illegal to use and so should be avoided. Updating software should be done from officially provided tools. Use antivirus that provides regular updates for installed apps and prevents PCs from any big issues.
Splwow64.exe is a dangerous threat. It intrudes by stealth and runs silently on the background for the long time and so for a long time, users will not suspect on its presence. You must need to run a scan to the infected PC to check whether you use the genuine file or not. If the scanning detects the process a threat, immediately remove Splwow64.exe from the system. Use some reputable antivirus tool such as Spyhunter to get the best result.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Splwow64.exe from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Splwow64.exe and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Splwow64.exe opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Splwow64.exe from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Splwow64.exe associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Splwow64.exe and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Splwow64.exe and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Splwow64.exe and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Splwow64.exe from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Splwow64.exe and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Splwow64.exe and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Splwow64.exe and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Splwow64.exe from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Splwow64.exe and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Splwow64.exe (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Splwow64.exe and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Splwow64.exe and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Splwow64.exe instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Splwow64.exe
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses