Browser hijacked by Shield My Searches: Is there any solution?
Shield My Searches is described as dubious fake search engine created and developed by cyber crooks. It is a nasty and lethal malware infection that can introduce various harmful threats on your computer. It silently intrudes into your Windows PC without your knowledge and gets added to your main browser. This nasty virus can work with all famous and widely used browsers like MS Edge, Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and others. Once installed, it can change the default homepage as well as search engine of your compromised browser in order to promote search.shieldmysearches.com. This dubious threat has the main motive to promote sponsored websites to earn commission. It is also known as search.shieldmysearches.com redirect.
Further, it will show lots of sponsored results and advertisements on your browser. It can install various unwanted and malicious programs on your computer. It can forcibly redirect your browser on unsafe web pages. It may also open several new tab ads in background that can slow down your PC. It can disable your anti-virus software and firewall security to make your system vulnerable. It can inject its malign codes to registry files to ensure its automatic startup. Despite this, this nasty threat can also track your browsing history to collect your personal and financial details. It can send all those details to hackers and risk your computer security and privacy. So, in such case, you are kindly advised to remove Shield My Searches virus soon from your computer.
How did Shield My Searches install on my PC?
Mostly users download and install browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs through the setups of other free software. This misleading marketing technique is called software bundling. What’s more developers do is that they hide information about bundled apps behind custom or advance settings of download and installation setups. However, not all people check all those available settings and keep them remain unchanged and unchecked and often allow unwanted programs to be get downloaded and installed. Despite this, unwanted downloads and installation can be caused by clicking on deceptive advertisements. Once clicked, they redirect you to harmful websites or cause inadvertent installation of unwanted programs.
How to avoid installation of PUAs?
It is recommended not to use untrustworthy software download sources such as third party installers, unofficial pages, peer to peer sharing networks and other similar tools for installing any software as it likely offer bundled or unwanted content. All programs and files should only be downloaded by using official websites and through direct links. Further, we advise you not to complete installation processes without checking setups settings like custom, advanced and others. Ads displayed on questionable pages should not be clicked as they redirect people to harmful websites or cause unwanted downloads and installations. Moreover, to keep your computer harmless and secured you are advised to remove Shield My Searches as soon as possible from the infected system.
Name: Shield My Searches
Threat Type: Browser Hijacker, Redirect, Search Hijacker, Toolbar, Unwanted New Tab
Functionality: This app supposed to improve web browsing safety.
Promoted URL: search.shieldmysearches.com
Symptoms: Manipulated Internet browser settings (homepage, default Internet search engine, new tab settings). Users are forced to visit the hijacker’s website and search the Internet using their search engines.
Distribution methods: Deceptive pop-up ads, free software installers (bundling), fake Flash Player installers.
Damage: Internet browser tracking (potential privacy issues), display of unwanted ads, redirects to dubious websites.
Removal: Both manual as well as automatic guidelines have been described below under this article.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.
||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Shield My Searches from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Shield My Searches and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Shield My Searches opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Shield My Searches from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Shield My Searches associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Shield My Searches and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Shield My Searches and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Shield My Searches and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Shield My Searches from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Shield My Searches and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Shield My Searches and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Shield My Searches and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Shield My Searches from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Shield My Searches and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shield My Searches
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shield My Searches
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Shield My Searches (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Shield My Searches and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Shield My Searches and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Shield My Searches instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Shield My Searches
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses