Step by step method to delete Search-encrypt.com
Search-encrypt.com is a fake search engine that claims to flourish the web browsing experience by generating improved search result and providing quick access to popular sites. Judging on its appearance, it might look handy and useful. However, this is not so. It is promoted by a browser hijacker application name Search Encrypt that could intrude into any Windows and Mac PC without users’ consent. Other down side of this app is that it modifies the browsers’ settings and gathers users’ browsing related data.
Search Encrypt targets the browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Edge and etc. Once intruded, it conducts numerous changes on the browsers are actively used and assign Search-encrypt.com site to the default homepage, search engine and tap pages. It is obvious that this is not a significant change. However, the victims would not be able to return to the previous browsers’ settings page. That’s because the hijacker virus downloads several helper objects whose main task is to prevent the users to conduct any further changes on the settings. In other words, the users are forced to visit Search-encrypt.com site all the time they open the browsers’ Window/tab page and search queries the search engine. This diminishes the web browsing quality.
It is worth to mention that Search-encrypt.com is completely a useless site. It does not work the same what a search engine is likely to do. From the analysis, it has been noticed that Search-encrypt.com site shows the result by redirecting the queries on search.yahoo.com which is a legitimate site belong to yahoo web browser. Thus, your browser does not need Search-encrypt.com and can perform the better without its presence. What the worst, the browser hijacker has the capacity to gather users’ browsing related data that include IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited, Geo-locations and etc that might include personal details. Such details could be shared to potent Cyber Criminals who misuse such data to generate illicit revenue that can result into huge risk of privacy, identity theft, financial loss and even some dangerous legal issues. You must need to remove Search-encrypt.com and the browser hijacker, if you do not want any such major risks.
Type: Browser hijacker
Symptoms: manipulated search engine, tab pages and homepage of the browsers, search redirects, intrusive advertisements, decreased browsing speed
Distribution: Software bundling
Damage: Internet browsing theft, more malicious malware intrusion
Removal: Use Spyhunter to eliminate Search-encrypt.com
How did the browser hijacker intrude?
Users mostly install it unintentionally with some other software download when they do not pick the correct downloading/installation step. App of this type is distributed via bundling method which allows addition of some third party app with some regular app. Developers conceal the bundled app under Custom/Advanced settings of downloading/installation process. Users’ reckless approach and skipping steps behavior lead the attached as an unwanted app with the regular software downloading/installation.
How to avoid intruding potentially unwanted app?
You should use trustworthy, official websites and direct links for any software download and not some third party downloaders/installers, P2P networks, questionable sites or other similar sources. Always use Custom/Advanced settings of any download or installation setup. Dismiss offers for downloading and installation of any software and gifts and rewards, changing of browser settings and so on and properly complete the installation process. Keep in mind intrusive advertisements are designed to redirect users to questionable websites which can run malicious scripts to download malware or offer some link for download potentially unwanted apps. You must need to avoid downloading any files or software from these sites and should check for any extensions or plug-ins on your browsers, if you encounter them. The new extensions are the sign of infections and so should be removed immediately.
Manual guide for removing Search-encrypt.com might be a lengthy and complicated process and also need an expertise on it. Install Spyhunter or other automatic malware removal tool to remove Search-encrypt.com and the associated components with an ease.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Search-encrypt.com from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Search-encrypt.com and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Search-encrypt.com opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Search-encrypt.com from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Search-encrypt.com associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Search-encrypt.com and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Search-encrypt.com and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Search-encrypt.com and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Search-encrypt.com from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Search-encrypt.com and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Search-encrypt.com and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Search-encrypt.com and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Search-encrypt.com from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Search-encrypt.com and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Search-encrypt.com (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Search-encrypt.com and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Search-encrypt.com and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Search-encrypt.com instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Search-encrypt.com
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses