What is Recognizer?
Recognizer is a new variant of paradise ransomware. Like other ransomware, it encrypts the stored files on a compromised machine and makes them inaccessible until ransom fee is made. The main purpose of the Cybercriminals behind this distributing this type of threat is to blackmail the victims to pay ransom in Bitcoin to supposedly get a decryptor tool to retrieve the encrypted files. The ransomware locks the files by an encryption algorithm. This means these files are locked by a unique password.
Recognizer files virus can encrypt any type of files including images, audios, videos, documents, presentations, and databases etc. All these files will get a unique extension name (.Recognizer) after being encrypted. After this the files become inaccessible. The perilous threat generates a ransom note to inform the victims about the attack and supposedly instruct them to pay ransom fee to the ransomware developers to get the files.
More about the ransom note
The ransom note appears in a pop-up Window named [email protected], explains what happened to victims’ files on computer. In the ransom note, the victims are instructed to purchase the unique decryption tool. The price of the decrpytor is not fixed and is in between $500 and $1500. The evil minded people demand the ransom fee in Bitcoin to hide their identity. What more or less this money is for you, always avoid paying the ransom fee to the attackers. This will not give you any positive result. The evil minded criminals will leave you without your files.
How to retrieve the files?
The evil hackers are not in the mood to provide the decryption tool which is so important to unlock the encrypted files. There is no any decryption software available that decode the ransomware. The Ransomware is often set up to delete the Volume Shadow Copies of the Windows Operating System. In such a case, you have to rely on any existing backup to restore the files back to your system. Before using it, make sure you delete Recognizer files virus from your system otherwise it will interfere at the time you inject your backup devices to retrieve back the encrypted files.
How did the ransomware intrude?
Recognizer files virus is distributed by using Spam email campaign. In the campaign, spam emails are designed and delivered to the recipients on their Gmail account. These emails appear to be legitimate and generally use the name of some well reputed companies. They contain some short message encouraging the victims to open an attachment file provided attach on the emails. Such attachments may include MS office word documents, exe files and other documents and PDF converter additionally attached with a payload. Opening of these email attachments leads the malicious malware infection. In short, if you want your system to not being infected with Recognizer files virus in future, you should avoid clicking spam email attachments.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Recognizer files virus from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Recognizer files virus and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Recognizer files virus opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Recognizer files virus from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Recognizer files virus associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Recognizer files virus and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Recognizer files virus and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Recognizer files virus and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Recognizer files virus from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Recognizer files virus and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Recognizer files virus and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Recognizer files virus and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Recognizer files virus from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Recognizer files virus and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Recognizer files virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Recognizer files virus
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Recognizer files virus (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Recognizer files virus and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Recognizer files virus and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Recognizer files virus instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Recognizer files virus
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses