Complete Quick Weather Search removal instructions
Quick Weather Search is a rogue application that supposedly allows users to check whether forecasts on their browsers. Judging on its appearance, it is a handy and useful application. However, it is in the list of potentially unwanted programs that intrude inside a PC without users’ consent. Other downsides of this application are promotion of some fake search engine and browsing data tracking.
As it mentioned, Quick Weather Search is designed to promote a fake search engine on web browsers. To achieve this, the application conducts numerous malicious changes on the active browsers after infiltration and assigns new tab pages, homepage and search engine as search.quickweathersearh.com. These changes might be not significant. However, users are not able to return to the previous browsers’ settings page. In every attempt they made, BHOs or Browser Helper Objects (intrude along with Quick Weather Search) are there to prevent them to do so. Ultimately, users are forced to visit search.quickweathersearch.com every time they open their browsers’ Windows and tab page and search the web on URL bar. This significantly diminishes the web browsing quality.
Name: Quick Weather Search
Type: Browser Hijacker
Detection Names: Avast (Win32:AdwareSig [Adw]), ESET-NOD32 (A Variant Of Win32/WinWrapper.V Potentially Unwanted), Kaspersky (Not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.AdLoad.afaqc), McAfee (PUP-HOQ)
Promoted URL: Search.quickweathersearch.com
Symptoms: Manipulated browser settings, Users are forced to visit the promoted URL. Intrusive redirects, unwanted ads and pp-ups, decreased browsing speed.
Distributions: Deceptive ads, free software installers, fake flash player installers
Damages: Internet browsing tracking –privacy issues, decreased computer performance, possibly other malware intrusion
Removal: Use Spyhunter to delete Quick Weather Search
It is worth to mention that, the sarch.quickweathersearch.com is not a fake search engine. it redirects search queries to search.yahoo.com- a legitimate search engine belong to yahoo web browser- to show the search result. This means, the Quick Weather Search promoted site cannot generate its own search result. Thus, using it in place of existing search engine is meaningless. What’s more, this dubious site is mainly designed to track users’ browsing data. It can gather the data include IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited and etc. These data typically include personal details. These details could be shared to potent Cyber Criminals who generate revenue by misusing the data. Thus, data tracking can result into huge risk of privacy, identity theft and even more severe consequences. Users are strongly recommend uninstall Quick Weather Search browser hijacker application and never visit the search.quickweathersearch.com again.
How did Quick Weather Search intrude inside my PC?
Quick Weather Search has its official site. However, it is mostly intruded inside a PC without users’ consent. That’s because developers distribute it via using intrusive advertisements and software bundling method. Intrusive advertisements are designed to trick people into opening some unreliable websites or run malicious scripts to cause infection. Bundling causes enables stealth installation of third party app with some regular software download. What developers do is hide the bundled software under Custom/Advanced option of downloading/installation process. On the top, users carelessly clicking on any ads and skipping installation behaviors are the main reason why the potentially uwanted intrusion occurred without their permission.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted program?
You should be careful while surfing Internet and downloading and installing any software. Use official websites and direct links for any software download. Use Custom/Advanced mode to verify that no any additional component is added to the chosen software. Avoid third party downloaders/installers and other suspicious links. Keep in mind, intrusive advertisements are designed just to trick people into downloading/installing malware at the end. If you encounter any redirection to any suspicious websites through any ads, check and remove any malicious apps and plug-ins from browsers.
Remove Quick Weather Search
Use the below recommended step by step instruction or run full system scan by using some reputable antivirus tool to remove Quick Weather Search and the malicious domain from the browser and the system with an ease.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Quick Weather Search from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Quick Weather Search and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Quick Weather Search opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Quick Weather Search from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Quick Weather Search associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Quick Weather Search and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Quick Weather Search and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Quick Weather Search and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Quick Weather Search from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Quick Weather Search and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Quick Weather Search and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Quick Weather Search and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Quick Weather Search from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Quick Weather Search and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Quick Weather Search
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Quick Weather Search
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Quick Weather Search (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Quick Weather Search and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Quick Weather Search and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Quick Weather Search instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Quick Weather Search
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses