Simple and easy steps to delete Pup.optional.ask from PCs immediately
This article provides you complete information about Pup.optional.ask as well as also recommend some removal tips to remove it from machine. According to expert, it is very harmful malware and computer infection that belong to adware family which is potentially dangerous for your online privacy. For furthermore information, let’s start discussion about this malware in details.
What is Pup.optional.ask?
According to expert, it is described as generic detection name commonly used by antivirus and anti spyware suite for potentially unwanted programs. it means that your PC has been affected by browser hijacker, adware and so on. in other words, we can say that it is a small program that can change your homepage and search engine and redirect your webpage to the questionable websites, collect your sensitive data and deliver advertisements.
These apps display intrusive ads in form of popup ads, banners, coupons, commercial ads etc. once you click on such displayed ads, they can open deceptive, untrustworthy websites or run scripts that download and install unwanted programs. Moreover, these apps often force user to open unreliable sites, some of which might be harmful and causes computer infections. Apart from this, these apps often cause problem related to online privacy and browsing safety. Thus, to avoid all problems caused by this app, we recommend you to uninstall Pup.optional.ask immediately from your computer.
How did adware install on my PC and perform harmful activities?
These programs generally comes in your system through email attachments, peer to peer file sharing, clicking on suspicious links and many more tricks. Usually, these kind of unwanted programs are installed with other free software. It happens only when they are bundled into software setups. Developers hide information regarding PUAs in custom, advanced and other similar setting of installation setups. Once you click on it, it can bring lots of troubles and ultimately your PC gets crashed. So, if you have downloaded software from these harmful websites, there is a chance that Pup.optional.ask was installed during the software setup process.
Problems caused by Pup.optional.ask
- Display commercial popup ads, discounts, offers etc and disturb during online browsing activities.
- Automatic changes in search engine provider, default homepage and search engine without your consent.
- It may also affects your browser startup, downloads, tabs, search content and also privacy.
- Your web browser redirects to unwanted websites where you may see commercial content.
- It may exploit the security vulnerabilities and bring so many other malware infections.
- Due to this nasty virus, your important programs does not function properly.
How to avoid installation of potentially unwanted applications?
The key to system safety is carefulness therefore always download software from official and untrustworthy websites. Never use unofficial pages and other similar channels because they might cause computer infections. Furthermore, always check custom, advanced or other similar settings of the download setups and don’t skip any steps without deselecting offers to download unwanted apps. Moreover, if your system is already infected with Pup.optional.ask and other rogue applications, then we recommend running a scan with Spyhunter for Windows to eliminate them automatically.
Manual removal guide might be lengthy and complicated process that requires advanced computer knowledge. You can use Spyhunter which is professional automatic malware removal tool that will help you to get rid of Pup.optional.ask completely from system.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Pup.optional.ask from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Pup.optional.ask and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Pup.optional.ask opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Pup.optional.ask from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Pup.optional.ask associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Pup.optional.ask and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Pup.optional.ask and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Pup.optional.ask and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Pup.optional.ask from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Pup.optional.ask and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Pup.optional.ask and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Pup.optional.ask and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Pup.optional.ask from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Pup.optional.ask and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Pup.optional.ask (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Pup.optional.ask and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Pup.optional.ask and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Pup.optional.ask instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Pup.optional.ask
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses