Know all about Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam
Punksgotoserver is a deceptive page that appears on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer and so on when there is already some adware infection inside computers. It rogue page claims that the PCs has been detected dangerous viruses and encourage users to install Smart Mac Booster to perform the repairing process. It is not the matter of fact whether the Booster app is legitimate. Since it is promoted via third party sources, you should not trust on it and must consider PUPs that are installed on the computer.
The possible scenario is that when visiting Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam page, you will find a pop-up Window that states that the page has found a virus that infected a system through some earlier visited website. Another page is opened that contains detailed devices information such as manufacturer, OS, browser version, IP and so on and encourages users perform the repairing process and for this click on Scan Now button. When you perform the scanning process, you will be shown Bankworm as a detected virus and recommended to click on REMOVE VIRUS NOW button that will lead you a download page of Smart Mac Booster. There are many apps promoted through this way lead browser hijacker, adware and other unwanted apps intrusion after intrusion. This promoted one could be one of that, it is not recommended to any apps that are advertised through this way.
While there is no need of direct Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam removal since this is just a scam, it may require a complete scanning to remove the adware that is causing it. For your knowledge, adware is the virus that intrudes without users consent. It has various malicious functions including causing redirects, displaying intrusive ads, and gathering data. Like the redirects, the adverts trick users to land pages that promote some questionable programs. Some of the ads might run malicious scripts to cause computer infection. Data tracking is yet another capability many of adware have. They have in-built tracking technologies to track data related to users’ browsing sessions and collect the data that include:
- IP addresses,
- search queries,
- viewed pages,
- URLs visited,
- And similar
These data could be shared to potent Cybercriminals who misuse them to generate illicit revenue that can cost on privacy, cause monetary loss and may even lead to identity theft. For all these reasons, you should immediately perform complete Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam removal process as soon as possible. Use manual guide provided below the post or run a scan with Spyhunter to automatically remove the threats inside and make the system malware free.
PUPs come bundles in packages with regular software
Potentially unwanted applications are distributed via deceptive marketing method called bundling. In this method, stealth installation of unwanted apps takes place with some regular software. Developers hide the bundled apps behind Custom/Advanced option of downloading and installation process. They choose the sources other than official such as freeware downloaders, P2P networks and free file hosting sites and similar. When Users come over these sources and rush and skip installation process, quite often they lead the inadvertent installation of unwanted sources.
How to prevent intruding unwanted app intrusion?
Unwanted app installation can be avoided by paying a little attention during the installation moment. Analyze each step using Custom/Advanced option and opt out all additionally attached apps and decline all offers. Third party sources mentioned above should be avoided. The best way is to use official websites and direct links for any software download. Moreover, you must need to be careful third party sites such as gambling, adult dating and pornography and so on. These can lead to unwanted app installation. In case, you encounter any such sites, immediately run an antivirus scan and remove possibly intruded apps.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Punksgotoserver POP-UP Scam
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses