Simple method to delete .phoenix files virus
.phoenix files virus is a file encrypting virus that encrypts the stored files on PC and appends their filenames by .phoenix extension name. Soon after that, the files become inaccessible. It encrypts the files by using AES-256 encryption algorithm and makes the directly decryption impossible. This creates a situation for the developers to blackmail the victims. They demand huge ransom payment through a ransom note to supposedly provide the files in decrypted form.
Phoenix ransomware generates the ransom note in the .txt file format by the name “Important!.txt” and places it in a folder on each encrypted files and on the desktop. The short message on the text file states that the files are encrypted and the victims must have to pay a ransom of .2 Bitcoin to get restored their files. There is not much more information is provided on the ransom note like the other ransomware viruses’ ransom note contains such as payment/decryption instructions, encryption details etc.
Should I pay the ransom fee?
What you think? If you provide the ransom fee to them, you actually support them in their scam, which actually encourage those evil people to design many more malware like this. Cyber Security teams as well instruct to avoid paying the ransom fee to the CyberCriminals by stating that they should be trusted. It might possible that the evil minded people will leave you without your files even after you fulfill all their demand. So, do avoid paying the ransom fee.
How to restore the files?
.phoenix files virus encrypts the stored files including images, audios, videos, documents, presentations and databases etc by using AES-256 Cryptographic algorithm. This means, decryption without a unique decryption key is impossible. The developers hide that key under remote server controlled by CyberCriminals. As you have seen, the bad actors are not in the mood to provide the decryption key. In such a case, you should firstly focus on removing .phoenix files virus from the system without thinking much the restoration of the encrypted files.
Remove .phoenix files virus by using some reputable antivirus tool. Thereafter, use any existing backup that you created for the safety and restore some of your files inside the PC. To get restored all your files, you will have to wait for decryption software that Cyber Security teams will create after decoding the ransomware.
How did the infection occur?
.phoenix files virus is proliferate in through spam email campaign. Spam emails are sending out on the Internet. The recipients are encouraged to click on some malicious attachments provided on the emails. These attachment files might be a exe file, MS office Word Document and other legitimate files for download attaching with some malicious payload of the ransomware or other virus. Clicking on the attachment leads the payload to activate which upon running install the malicious malware inside the PC. From the discussion above, in order to avoid intruding .phoenix files virus, you must stay away from any spam email attachment.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall .phoenix files virus from infected Windows PC
The elimination of .phoenix files virus and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete .phoenix files virus opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate .phoenix files virus from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for .phoenix files virus associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with .phoenix files virus and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select .phoenix files virus and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End .phoenix files virus and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall .phoenix files virus from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out .phoenix files virus and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for .phoenix files virus and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out .phoenix files virus and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove .phoenix files virus from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by .phoenix files virus and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.phoenix files virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.phoenix files virus
Process B: Automatic Method to delete .phoenix files virus (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for .phoenix files virus and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with .phoenix files virus and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete .phoenix files virus instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall .phoenix files virus
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses