Step by step PathBrand removal instructions
PathBrand is an adware application that redirects users to questionable website that in turn redirects to Google search engine, whenever users enter search query into the URL bar. Besides that, it shows numerous annoying, deceptive and intrusive advertisements and gathers crucial stored information.
Users mostly install PathBrand application unintentionally with some other software download when they do not pick the correct downloading/installation method and skip crucial installation steps. Following to infiltration, the PUP or potentially unwanted program conducts numerous malicious modifications on the browser and set a definite module on the settings. Irrespective of what the browser you are using, if you get victimized of the adware virus, your queries on the browser get manipulated and redirect to some dubious site and further redirect to Google search engine. This adware has various strains of viruses that promote other browses such as Yahoo and Bing. As these are the legitimate search engines, they have nothing to do with the applications. These are used by the adware developers as a tool to generate web traffic and gather users’ browsing related data including IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited and etc.
The collected details are used by the developers to design customized advertisements in any forms such as ads, coupons, deals, discounts and etc for the sole motive to generate revenue. These advertisements trick people into opening some unreliable websites such as adult dating, gambling or pornography on which some questionable content is recommend download/install inside PC or may run malicious scripts to directly cause malicious infection. In the worst case, the developers can share the details to potent Cyber Criminals who misuse the data to generate revenue. Thus, data tracking app might lead to serious privacy issues or even identity theft. We highly recommend you delete PathBrand from the system as soon as possible.
Symptoms: unwanted pop-up ads, system become slower than normal, redirection to shady websites on browser
Distribution methods: Free software installers, fake flash player installers, deceptive pop-up ads
Damages: internet browsing tracking-privacy issues, displaying of unwanted ads, redirection to shady sites
Removal: To eliminate PathBrand run an antivirus scan to the PC
Many applications like PathBrand are available on the Internet. These applications are likely resemble as some genuine application with useful features that easily grab users’ attention. Now you have known that this is nothing but merely an attempt to trick people into believing and installing such applications inside their PC. The developers who design such applications have only intension to generate revenue. That is why; they forget to provide real value for the users.
How did PathBrand intrude in my PC?
It is not known the exact distribution method the Cyber Criminals behind this adware application use to proliferate in the malware to a targeted PC. The most common method of this type of application intrusions are intrusive advertisements and software bundling. We have already discussed how people install virus after clicking intrusive advertisements. Let’s know about bundling method. The deceptive method of bundling is essentially a stealth installation of unwanted app together with some regular software download. What developers do is hide the bundled app behind Custom/Advanced option of downloading/installation process. On the top, users rush and skip downloading/installation steps and cause themselves into the huge risk of privacy by exposing the system to risk of various infections.
How to prevent adware intrusion?
Users must need to pay caution while surfing Internet and downloading/installing any software. Use official websites and direct links for any software download. Avoid third party downloaders/installers. Analyze each step of downloading/installation process using Custom/Advanced option and remove additional programs attached on the chosen software and decline all offer to the download/install such. Moreover, carefully handle any ads that appear on browsers’ screen. The ads not originating from the sites are generally bogus. If you click on such ads, you will be redirected to some sites on which you are asked to download/install some app/files. Avoid downloading such apps. These are generally a PUP that causes browser or adware installation. Sometimes, even the clicking on the ads can cause malware intrusion. if you encounter such ads and somehow get redirected to some sites you must need to remove malicious applications and browser plug-ins that probably intrude in.
Manual malware removal guide is a lengthy and a complicated process and also requires an advanced computer skill. Use instead automatic malware removal tool such as Spyhunter to remove PathBrand and other malicious processes inside the PC.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.
||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall PathBrand from infected Windows PC
The elimination of PathBrand and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete PathBrand opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate PathBrand from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for PathBrand associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with PathBrand and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select PathBrand and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End PathBrand and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall PathBrand from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out PathBrand and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for PathBrand and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out PathBrand and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove PathBrand from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by PathBrand and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete PathBrand (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for PathBrand and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with PathBrand and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete PathBrand instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall PathBrand
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses