Step by step OSHI Defender removal instructions
Based on its official developers, OSHI Defender program is discontinued. Its official website is no longer active. Although, numerous third party download sources are still listing this app as an anti-malware tool. If you are using this app, you are at great risk. Several years ago, OSHI Defender was a useful tool. But, at current there is a doubt on its capabilities. This old version tool cannot recognize and immunize Cyber threats. It shows false positive results that means even if you system is malware free, this app detect dangerous objects inside your PC. Thus, we highly recommend you switching over another security tool.
Name: OSHI Defender
Type: potentially unwanted apps
Symptoms: shows false positive results, shady redirects and annoying ads, decreased offline and online both the speed and performance
Distribution: deceptive pop-up ads, software bundles
Damages: other unwanted app downloads, Internet browsing tracking
Removal: Use Spyhunter to automatically remove OSHI Defender
As mentioned in the introduction, fake OSHI Defender shows false positive result. Firstly, it scans your PC for viruses and detects legitimate files as a virus asking to perform the removal process. There are many apps available on the Internet distributed via third party sources. Such apps show false positive results and ask users to fix it by purchasing the activation of the software. They intrude by stealth with other software download, distributed through bundling method. The crooks behind them have only motive to generate revenue by increasing views and the sponsored sites. To achieve this, they attach some adware or browser hijacker samples with their PUPs. These malware samples conduct malicious modifications on the browsers and make them an advertising platform to promote adverts such as coupons, deals, discounts and banners and etc to promote rogue content. Such apps often cause redirects to shady sites on the browsers and gather the data related to users’ browsing activities as well. To avoid all such issues, you must immediately remove OSHI Defender from the system.
How did the infection occur?
Third party sources such as freeware downloaders, P2P networks and free file hosting sites are the major sources for any PUPs distribution. These apps are bundled with some regular software as an additional component. The installation information of the bundle apps is hidden behind Custom/Advanced option. Users are not aware of this. They rush during the installation moment and leave the setups unchanged and allow the inadvertent installation of unwanted apps.
How to remove OSHI Defender?
Untrustworthy software downloading sources such as freeware downloaders, P2P networks and free file hosting sites should not be used. Use official websites and direct links for any software download. Paying close attention at the installation option is highly recommended. Use Custom/Advanced option of downloading and installation process. Opt out all additionally attached apps and decline all offers with the chosen software for download.
Remove OSHI Defender
Below, step by step OSHI Defender removal instruction is provided for you in step by step manner. Follow it so that you will not find any trouble when performing the virus removal process. You can use Spyhunter to automatically remove OSHI Defender from the system.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall OSHI Defender from infected Windows PC
The elimination of OSHI Defender and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete OSHI Defender opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate OSHI Defender from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for OSHI Defender associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with OSHI Defender and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select OSHI Defender and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End OSHI Defender and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall OSHI Defender from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out OSHI Defender and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for OSHI Defender and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out OSHI Defender and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove OSHI Defender from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by OSHI Defender and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete OSHI Defender (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for OSHI Defender and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with OSHI Defender and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete OSHI Defender instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall OSHI Defender
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses