“Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live” is a scam use by cyber criminals to trick users into thinking that their Windows computer is infected with viruses. It is like part of those PUPs that after intruding scan for the computer show some computer infection and then ask to fix it by purchasing its full version. It is just a bogus and would only design for the evil motive to generate money.
How the PUPs install?
Typically, the PUPs that cause “Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live” pop-up install with some free-software download. Freeware developers offer the PUPs as an extra downloading item with their regular software to gain the benefits of pay-per-install scheme. Many users rush while downloading/installing. They skip crucial steps that allow the additionally attached PUP to get install into the system.
Affect on the system
The PUPs generally promote some browser-hijacker virus or adware type viruses that affect the installed browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari etc. They modify the browser settings changes the homepage, search engine, tab pages or attach some add-ons, plug-ins on the installed browsers. These activities allow the PUPs developers content like Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live to generate revenue.
Other malicious risks
The developers can easily collect the browsing related data and other stored data and could misuse them to generate revenue. They can even download other malicious viruses into the device. Thus, it is better to remove the PUP that causes Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live pop-up all the time.
What if you click on Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live pop-up?
As already mentioned, Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live scan your system and detects some issues. It claims that it can to that issues and suggest to just clicking on the link that states to purchase the full version of the app. The link could place with more malicious websites that causes more and more malicious viruses into the system. Thus, you should always ignore clicking on the link.
However, ignoring them is not just enough, the pop-up appears all the time that make you irritate while surfing the online sessions or while doing any other activities offline. You must need to remove Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live from the device in order to get rid of the pop-up. Use some reputable antivirus program and scan your system with it in order to delete the threat easily and effectively.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Microsoft.com-repair-windows.live
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses