Tips to Delete Megalodon Trojan Permanently
According to cyber-experts, Megalodon Trojan is used by cyber-criminals as a key-logger and remote access tool. The associated cyber-criminals drop this malware in the targeted PC secretly. In most cases, the spam email attachments campaigns are used for its circulation. The targeted potential victim constantly receives thousands of emails and each one of them contains attachment with them. This attached file is projected as if it is an invoice bill, income tax message or some other important files. When user opens the attachment, Megalodon Trojan gets installed in the PC.
The aim of Megalodon Trojan is to allow cyber-criminals to remotely access the PC. They can control the work-station from remote location and executes so many doubtful commands. After getting the remote access to the PC, the cyber-criminals can download other malware, spyware and ransomware in the infected PC. It has been noticed a huge increase in ransomware attack through Megalodon Trojan infection. It compromises the personal data by encrypting it and then asks the victims to pay so many dollars to get the decryption key. The money is asked to be paid in crypto-currency such as DASH, Ethereum, BitCoins etc. so that cyber-criminals identity remains hidden. You should never pay the demanded money because this is a spam.
The cyber-criminals uses Megalodon Trojan to mine crypto-currency, its suspicious and hidden files consumes a lot of PC resources. Unknown files and resources consume almost 100% of System resources. The PC becomes unstable and many programs start to get crashed regularly. The hardware components start malfunctioning due to over-heating and high temperature.
Cyber-experts had confirmed it that Megalodon Trojan also leads to data-theft by installing key-loggers in the infected PC. They record keyboard stores and records data including username, password, and credit and debit card information and so on. They may also record other sensitive credentials such as browser settings, geo-location, Online search and browsing pattern etc. The cyber-criminals don’t show any mercy and try to gain all the monetary benefits as possible.
How Megalodon Trojan Gets Inside the PC:
Like most PC malware infection, this perilous infection also intrudes in the PC secretly. Some of the tricks are bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments and infected external storage devices. The cyber-criminals especially focus on spam email campaigns. The targeted victims continuously receive advertisements that contains attachment with it especially the MS Office files. When you open the files, they exploit Microsoft Office CVE-2017-11882 to inject Megalodon Trojan in the PC.
As the precautionary measures, you must follow some basic practices and steps
- Open any kind of email attachment only after scanning it with anti-malware tool
- Don’t uses peer-to-peer files sharing networks such as Torrents
- Don’t click on random pop-ups and links while browsing
- Upgrade the security firewall settings by using a powerful anti-malware tool
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Megalodon Trojan from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Megalodon Trojan and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Megalodon Trojan opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Megalodon Trojan from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Megalodon Trojan associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Megalodon Trojan and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Megalodon Trojan and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Megalodon Trojan and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Megalodon Trojan from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Megalodon Trojan and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Megalodon Trojan and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Megalodon Trojan and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Megalodon Trojan from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Megalodon Trojan and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Megalodon Trojan (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Megalodon Trojan and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Megalodon Trojan and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Megalodon Trojan instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Megalodon Trojan
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses