Easy Mega Music Search removal guide
Mega Music Search is supposed to allow users to listen to various songs and albums, create playlist and discover new music directly from their browsers. It might seem handy and useful. However, it is categorized as browser hijacker or a potentially unwanted program that intrudes inside without users’ consent. Typically, browsers hijackers change the settings of the browsers and promote some fake search engine and collect details related to users’ browsing activities. Users install hijacking app unintentionally.
Following to successful infiltration, Mega Music Search hijacks the browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. After that it changes the browser settings such as default search engine, homepage and new tab URL. These are assigned to music.globalappz.live. Several helper objects are then downloaded/ installed by the threat without users’ permission. These objects reassign the changes time to time and prevent users to restore the settings to the default. In other word, users are forced to visit the aforementioned URL address when they open their browsing tabs and search web on the URL bar. This significantly diminishes the web browsing activities.
By using the music.globalappz.live as the main search engine, users get redirected to search.yahoo.com. Since the search.yahoo.com is a legitimate search engine belongs to yahoo web browser, the redirection to this page is safe. However, this questions on the presence of the aforementioned URL address. Being a search engine, the music.globaappz.live should generate its own search engine. But, as it mentioned, it takes the help of search engine from Yahoo web browser to generate the search result. Hence, the domain is not necessary for the browsing.
You should not leave the redirect to the domain as it is, this is because typically fake search engine and browser hijackers are designed to track users’ browsing activities and collect the data such as IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited and others similar. These details are usually shared to advertisers who generate revenue by designing customized adverts. At the worst, such details could get in the hand of potent Cyber Criminals who misuse the data to generate illicit revenue that can cost on the privacy and can create identity theft on you. Thus, we highly recommend you remove Mega Music Search and the never visit the malicious domain ever again.
How did the infection occur?
Potentially unwanted programs are distributed via using bundling method and intrusive advertisements. In bundling, stealth installation of unwanted apps takes place with some regular software download. Developers hide the bundled apps behind Custom/Advanced option of downloading and installation process. Intrusive advertisements redirect users to unreliable websites or may run malicious scripts to cause computer infections. Users recklessly rush and skip most of the installation steps during software downloading and installation moment and carelessly click on any ads often lead into inadvertent installation of unwanted applications.
How to prevent intruding potentially unwanted apps?
Potentially unwanted apps intrusion could be avoided by paying close attention during software downloading and installation process and when surfing Internet. Use official websites and direct links for any software download. Third party downloaders or installers, P2P networks, free file hosting sites and other unofficial software downloading sources promote rogue applications and so should be avoided. At the installation moment, do not skip any steps. Analyze well each step using Custom/Advanced option and opt out all additionally attached apps and decline all offers. Do not click on any intrusive ads. These are meant for adult dating, pornography and other scam pages. If you encounter any such sites, immediately remove all malicious apps.
Remove Mega Music Search
Complete Mega Music Search removal instructions are provided below. Follow it so that you will not find any trouble when performing the virus removal process. You can use Spyhunter or other reliable antivirus suite to automatically remove Mega Music Search and all malicious apps.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.
||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Mega Music Search from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Mega Music Search and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Mega Music Search opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Mega Music Search from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Mega Music Search associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Mega Music Search and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Mega Music Search and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Mega Music Search and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Mega Music Search from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Mega Music Search and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Mega Music Search and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Mega Music Search and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Mega Music Search from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Mega Music Search and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mega Music Search
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mega Music Search
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Mega Music Search (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Mega Music Search and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Mega Music Search and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Mega Music Search instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Mega Music Search
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses