Easy step by step Giant-search.com removal instructions
Giant-search.com is an URL address which Cybercriminals use to redirect users to other unreliable websites and promote certain content or unwanted applications. This redirect occurs when users’ browsers get affected. In other word, if a PC has some potentially unwanted program or browser hijacker type application, the user sees this domain on their browser. Apart from causing redirect, the PUP can deliver intrusive advertisements and gather users’ browsing related data.
First of all, users must bear in mind PUPs can intrude without permission and any prior notification inside their PC. They target almost all the type of browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and etc. After the successful infiltration, they conduct malicious modifications on the browsers’ settings and assign new URLs tab, homepage and search engine to Giant-search.com. These changes are not insignificant. Various Browser Helper Objects or BHOs are designed to prevent users to restore the settings to the default. Thus, the users have no other choice than to visit Giant-search.com site all the time they open their browsers’ tabs and Windows or search web on the URL bar. This diminishes the web browsing quality.
It is worth to mention that the Giant-search.com site not a reliable website. The users using this site as the search engine of their browsers notice that this does not show any meaningful result. The search result that it generates is not relevant with what the queries about. It has only aim to boost online traffic on some sponsored sties on which developers promote numerous third party ads and commercial content to generate revenue. These ads and content can be dangerous. They can redirect to some unreliable websites containing malicious scripts, designed to cause malware infiltration.
Type: Browser Hijacker
Short description: A Browser Hijacker hijacks browsers and force users to visit attackers’ website on browsers’ tabs and Windows and search web on the URL bar with the same.
Symptoms: Manipulated web browsers’ settings, displaying unwanted ads and pop-ups, decreased web browsing speed
Distribution methods: Deceptive pop-up ads, free software installers, fake flash player installers, torrent file downloads
Damages: Internet browsing tracking –privacy issue, displaying of unwanted ads, redirection to malicious site, possible downgrading of PC performance
Removal: Use Spyhunter to remove Giant-search.com
Another issue with the Giant-search.com site is its data tracking capability. It can monitor users’ web browsing activity and collect the data include IP addresses, search queries, viewed pages, URLs visited and etc. These details could be shared to potent Cyber Criminals who generate illicit revenue by misusing the data. Thus, data tracking can result into huge risk of privacy or even identity theft. We highly recommend you delete Giant-search.com and other associated components from the system as soon as possible.
How did browser hijacker virus intrude?
As it mentioned in the introduction, PUPs intrude without users’ consent. That’s because developers distribute them via using intrusive advertisements and software bundling methods. In Bundling stealth installation of unwanted app takes place with some regular software download. What the developers do is hide bundled apps behind Custom/Advanced settings of downloading/installation processes. What’s more important is that users do not pay much attention at the installation moment and skip most of the steps. This careless behavior leads the inadequate installations of third party applications.
How to avoid intruding potentially unwanted program?
In order to prevent browser hijacker intrusion, users must need to be careful while surfing Internet and downloading/installing any software. Always remember developers use a lot of resources to design intrusive ads. Hence it is not that easy to detect the ads as inappropriate. However, once clicked, they cause redirect to unreliable websites such as pornography, adult dating, gambling and similar. If you encounter such a site, you must need to check malicious applications and browser plug-ins on your browsers and should remove them. Moreover, be sure to download any software with their official websites or direct links. Pay close attention at the installation moment after opting Custom/Advanced option to avoid any secretly attached app installation. Avoid third party downloaders/installers and other suspicious links.
Follow the below mentioned step by step instruction to remove Giant-search.com from the system. You can use automatic malware removal tool such as Spyhunter to perform the virus removal process to get rid of browser misbehavior and other possible damages.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Giant-search.com from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Giant-search.com and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Giant-search.com opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Giant-search.com from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Giant-search.com associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Giant-search.com and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Giant-search.com and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Giant-search.com and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Giant-search.com from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Giant-search.com and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Giant-search.com and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Giant-search.com and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Giant-search.com from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Giant-search.com and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Giant-search.com (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Giant-search.com and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Giant-search.com and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Giant-search.com instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Giant-search.com
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses