Delete GEFEST Ransomware with easy steps
GEFEST is a new variant of Scarab ransomware. It is discovered by Emmanuel_ADC-Soft. It is programmed with the sole motive to generate quick revenue. Upon getting inside, this nasty ransomware encrypts the stored data and makes them inaccessible. It is capable of encrypting any type of data including images, audios, videos, documents, presentations, and databases etc. It appends the filenames of encrypted files by using “.GEFEST” extension, for example, a file name “1.jpg” after being encrypted by this ransomware will be renamed as “1.jpg.GEFEST”.
Soon after that, GEFEST Ransomware generates a .txt file named “HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.txt”. This file is often known as ransom note, since it contains the message designed by the ransomware developers to blackmail the victims into paying ransom fee to get restore back the encrypted files. The ransom note states that the GEFEST Ransomware encrypts the stored data by using RSA2048 cryptographic algorithm. This means, the victims must have a unique decryption tool to decrypt the files. The developers hide that code on remote server command and control by server. The ransom note contains email addresses [email protected] and [email protected] and states that contact the developers via one of these email addresses and buy that unique decrypter from them.
Why you should avoid paying the ransom fee
It is clear from the above discussion that the decryption of the data must require that very decryter key which the developers hide on remote server controlled by Cybercriminals. However, they claim to provide that decrypter in their ransom note by stating that the decrypting software will soon be provided after the ransom payment is being done. According to CyberSecurity experts, you should not be tempted to do this. The Cybercriminals usually ignore their victims even after their demands are met. The best and free way to get the files back is to use any existing data backup.
How did GEFEST Ransomware infect my PC?
GEFEST Ransomware is distributed through several ways. Some of the common methods include spam email campaign, fake software update tools, software cracking tools or untrustworthy software download sources. In the spam email campaign, spam emails are designed and delivered on the Internet. These emails appear to be legitimate asking for open a malicious attachment. The attachment generally contains some genuine file for download additionally attached with a malicious module (GEFEST Ransomware). As you have seen, spam email attachments opening and not the spam emails cause the infection.
Similarly, in one way or another, the other methods are also used to infiltrate the malicious malware by presenting them on any third party websites/ links. These suspicious websites/links are presented as a genuine one. Downloading/Updating any such software/app will cause the malware to get inside the PC. You should use legitimate/ official websites for any software download. Check Custom/Advanced settings of installation process to avoid any secret installation.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall GEFEST Ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of GEFEST Ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete GEFEST Ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate GEFEST Ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for GEFEST Ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with GEFEST Ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select GEFEST Ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End GEFEST Ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall GEFEST Ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out GEFEST Ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for GEFEST Ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out GEFEST Ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove GEFEST Ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by GEFEST Ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete GEFEST Ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for GEFEST Ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with GEFEST Ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete GEFEST Ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall GEFEST Ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses