Get rid of GandCrab Ransomware (Updated Guide)
Have you noticed GandCrab Ransomware on your computer? This nasty file virus is unsafe for your online privacy & System security. It encrypts all files of your System and drops ransom notes on your System screen. It does fake promises to unlock your all files immediately, once you pay ransom money to them. You should never trust on them. Its aim is to steal your all crucial & confidential information and deliver to illegal ones that cause serious troubles. For getting more details, you can read this article carefully.
Details about GandCrab Ransomware:
It is made using RSA-2048 encryption algorithm techniques by Cyber crooks for illegal purpose. This cunning file virus is able to attack your all version of Windows OS based computer without permission. Initially, it blocks your some genuine applications running in your computer such as antimalware, Firewall security setting, System security setting, control panel and other applications. It modifies your System registry setting that cause reboots your System in regular interval of times automatically. You can’t work on your machine comfortably as usual like before, once it installed. If you have created the backup copies of your all files by using very strong backup & recovery software, then it is good for you.
GandCrab Ransomware modifies each file of your computer by appending .gdcb, .crab, .lock and .KRAB file extension. It encrypts/locks your all files including images, audios, videos, games, pdf, text, documents, xlx, ppt, css, html and other files. When you try to open such encrypted files again, then you get ransom notes on your System. You may see the messages like “Hi, our System files have been locked due to security reasons. You need to pay 1.54 Dashcoin for the decryption. Otherwise, you will lose your all files permanently” on the ransom notes. If your System has detected this nasty file virus in your machine, then you should try to get rid of it immediately.
The versions of GandCrab Ransomware are GandCrab 2, GandCrab V3, GandCrab V4, GandCrab V4.1, GandCrab V4.2 and others. This harmful viruses and its version has been developed by Cyber criminals for illegal purpose. They are involved in such illegal activities regular to gain illegal income and cheat with innocent users. They never do any mercy with you. It drops malicious harmful programs in your computer that leads major damages. It corrupts all executable programs running in your computer that cause big troubles. It blocks your internet access and installing software.Let’s take have a look at GandCrab variants here.
Version of GandCrab ransomware:
.GDCB File Extension virus: This version of GandCrab file virus is able to lock all files of your computer hard drives and drops ransom notes as “GDCB-DECRYPT.txt” on your System screen. It demands 1.54 Dash cryptocurrency for decryption.
GandCrab V2 Ranomware: It is second version of GandCrab ransomware that is distributed via seamless malvertising campaign leading vitims to RIG exploit kit. It does bogus promises to decrypt your all files immediately, once you pay ransom money to them.
GandCrab 3 Ransomware: The third version is made using AES-256 (CBC mode) + RSA-2048 encryption algorithm techniques by Cyber criminals. It drops the copies of itself in each location of computer and makes all files locked. It asks you to pay specific amount of ransom money for decryption.
GandCrab V4 Ransomware: This version uses AES-256 (CBC mode) + RSA-2048 encryption algorithm techniques. It drops ransom notes as “CRAB-DECRYPT.txt” or “KRAB-DECRYPT.txt” on your machine. Its main aim is to steal your all crucial & confidential information and sends it illegal ones that cause serious troubles. It shortly updated the version with the name of GandCrab V4.1 and GandCrab V4.2 ransomware.
GandCrab V5 Ransomware: It is updated version of GandCrab ransomware that is able to lock all files of your computer hard drives by appending randomly generated extension of five letters and drops ransom notes as adding –DECRYPT.html to file extension. It comes with several other versions including GandCrab V5.0.1, V5.0.2, V5.0.3, V5.0.4 and others.
GandCrab V5.1 Ransomware: It is new or updated version of GandCrab ransomware which follow the path of GandCrab V5 Ransowmare. It encrypts all files of your computer hard drives by appending ransomdly generated extension and injects ransom notes as adding –DECRYPT.txt to file extension. You should never believe on them at any cases. They can cheat with you. So, please avoid to pay any amount of ransom money to them.
GandCrab Ransomware uses the name & LOGO of some trustworthy companies on its ransom notes for making believe in your mind that it is genuine program, but it is bogus at all. You should never trust on them. They will never decrypt your files at any cases. In order to pay ransom money to them, it keeps record of your some information such as user name, email ID, password, IP address, URL search, browser history, search queries, banking details, credit card details and more information as well. They can share your all personal files & information to hacker or unknown users that can be very dangerous for you. However, it can delete all files & folder of your computer and makes your System useless. So, you should scan your machine immediately with very strong antivirus software that has the ability to delete all junk files or viruses form machine.
How your System gets infected from GandCrab Ransomware?
This nasty file virus is mostly get install in your machine from malicious email messages and email attachments. It uses malicious tricks to get enters into your PCs and locks all files of your computer. It can come in your PCs through malicious ads or popup messages, malicious hyperlinks, fake software updates or pirated software, infected external media drives, social media drives, downloaded movie, music, games, pdf and other files, file sharing network, torrent sites, porn or adult related websites, hacked websites and many other tricks. You should be careful while surfing online and click on ads or popup after double reading. You should always choose recommended custom/advance setting for the installation of free software in your computer. If these setting are not given, then you can cancel the process of installation. It is possible to get rid of GandCrab Ransomware with our easy virus removal solution.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC. Learn More Download Link||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts. Learn More Download Link||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats. Learn More Download Link|
Methods to uninstall GandCrab Ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of GandCrab Ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete GandCrab Ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate GandCrab Ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for GandCrab Ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with GandCrab Ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select GandCrab Ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End GandCrab Ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall GandCrab Ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out GandCrab Ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for GandCrab Ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out GandCrab Ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove GandCrab Ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by GandCrab Ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GandCrab Ransomware HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GandCrab Ransomware
Process B: Automatic Method to delete GandCrab Ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for GandCrab Ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with GandCrab Ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete GandCrab Ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall GandCrab Ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses