Easy guide to delete GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware
GANDCRAB 5.3 is new variant of the infamous GandCrab ransomware. It is discovered by Jakub Kroustek. This perilous threat intrudes inside by stealth, scans for the stored data and encrypts them by using some cryptographic algorithm and appending the filenames with a ransom string extension. The encrypted becomes inaccessible. Immediately after completing the process of encrypting the files, the threat drops a text file “AWARSJ-MANUAL.txt” in every existing folder to inform the victims about the attack and instruct them purchasing some decryption tool to get the files back to their system.
More about the ransom note
GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware generates a ransom note after encrypting the files. The ransom note containing a short message states that the GANDCRAB 5.3 encrypts the stored data inside the compromised PC. According to it, the victims must need to use a unique decryption tool to get the files restored to their system. It also states that without the decryption tool, the victims would not be able to restore the files back to their system.
Unfortunately, it is true that the decryption tool is required to get 100% data back to their original position. This is because the ransomware encrypts the files by using some sophisticated cryptographic algorithm that allows the developers to create a unique password. The developers hide that password to some remote server that only they can access through it. They demand ransom fee in Bitcoin to provide that decryption key. The price of the decryptor is however not fixed but is more or less depend on the size of the encrypted files. Typically, the payment is demanded in the form of Bitcoin, Munero and other virtual currency and is in between $500b and $1500.
It is not the matter of fact, how more or less this much of money for you. Cyber Security experts always advise not to pay ransom fee in any worst condition. This will encourage the Cyber crooks to create many more ransomware like this. What’s most important is that there is no any guarantee that the criminals minded people will provide you the decryptor even if you fulfill all their demand. They will ignore you and leave you without your files. The paying the ransom fee will not give any positive result. All these reasons are supported in saying that you must use some alternate option for the retrieval of the encrypted files.
How to restore the files?
It would be better if you first think of about removing GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware from the system rather how to restoring the files back to the system. As you know the 100% data retrieval is possible only when you have that decryptor. Unfortunately, there is no any free decryption tool available that decrypt the encrypted files. Wait for the decryption software that any Cyber Security group will create after decoding the code the ransomware. Meanwhile, you should remove GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware from the system so that it would not encrypt other files that are left unencrypted. Run an antivirus scan to the affected PC to remove the threat with an ease. After removing the threat, use some existing backup and restore some of your files that you kept for safety.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool. It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logics to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware from infected Windows PC
The elimination of GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware
Process B: Automatic Method to delete GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall GANDCRAB 5.3 Ransomware
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses