Proper guide to delete Free Driver Maps frequently
Free Driver Maps is described as rogue application that has been designed by cyber hackers in order to provide facilities to user so that they can access to various maps and driving routes. It operates by modifying browsers in order to promote fake search engine named search.hdrivermap.com. Due to its improper proliferation methods, it has been classified as browser hijacker or potentially unwanted applications. Like most of other programs, it has data tracking abilities which is used to monitor user’s browsing activity/habits.
Additionally, Free Driver Maps are designed to target all famous browsers such as Google chrome, MS Edge, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and others. It will show lots of sponsored results and annoying ads when you use this fake search engine. It will also keep redirecting your browser on unknown and malicious web pages. This nasty malware will completely destroy your browsing experience and can also bring other threats by redirecting you on harmful websites. It could also download other unwanted and malicious programs without your permission.
Further, most browser hijackers have data tracking abilities. They monitor user’s browsing activity and collect their personal information such as IP addresses, geo-locations and other similar details. Later, developers behind this shared all collected data with third parties (potentially, cyber criminals) who misuse it in order to generate profit. Therefore, presence of data tracking content can lead to financial losses, severe privacy issues and even identity theft. So if your computer is infected by Free Driver Maps and all dubious applications then it could be dangerous and leads to several other harmful problems.
It commonly gets into the targeted device by the help of bundled freeware programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, peer to peer file sharing and other methods. You can also get this threat if you visit porn or torrent websites and click on misleading advertisements. After successful intrusion, it will disable your antivirus and firewall security programs to avoid its removal and detection. It will also redirect your browser on unsafe websites where your PC can get infected by more viruses. It can also create loopholes on your system for other threats and viruses. So, it is important to delete this nasty browser hijacker immediately.
Remove Free Driver Maps
Manual malware removal threat could be quite risky and time-taking. It is also not sure that this method is effective enough to completely remove this harmful infection. So, we recommend our users to use reliable antivirus removal tool such as Spyhunter to remove Free Driver Maps completely and safely from the machine.
Name: Free Driver Maps
Type: Browser Hijacker, PUP
Short Description: The hijacker redirect can alter the homepage, search engine and new tab on every browser application you have installed.
Symptoms: The homepage, new tab and search engine of all your browsers will be switched to the hijacker’s main page. You will be redirected and could see sponsored content.
Distribution Method: Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, Corrupted websites, Executable files, Harmful links and so on.
Damage: slow down computer performance, display of unwanted ads as well as redirect to untrustworthy websites that contain lots of infections.
Removal: Use Spyhunter to remove Free Driver Maps automatically from the PC.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.
||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall Free Driver Maps from infected Windows PC
The elimination of Free Driver Maps and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete Free Driver Maps opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate Free Driver Maps from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for Free Driver Maps associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with Free Driver Maps and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select Free Driver Maps and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End Free Driver Maps and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall Free Driver Maps from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out Free Driver Maps and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for Free Driver Maps and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out Free Driver Maps and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove Free Driver Maps from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by Free Driver Maps and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Free Driver Maps
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Free Driver Maps
Process B: Automatic Method to delete Free Driver Maps (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for Free Driver Maps and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with Free Driver Maps and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete Free Driver Maps instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall Free Driver Maps
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses