Browser hijacked by EmailSearchTools Search: Is there any solution?
EmailSearchTools Search is identified as a browser hijacker which is also known as search.emailsearchtools.com redirect. This dubious tool has been created and designed by group of hackers in order to provide facilities to users so that they can quickly access to their email accounts. In reality, it makes unwanted changes to your browser settings in order to promote fake search engine search.emailsearchtools.com. Further, this dubious application also has the ability to track data which is used to monitor and record users browsing related information. Thus, due to its infiltration methods, it is identified as potentially unwanted application.
Moreover, this browser hijacker mostly target well known browsers like Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari and others. After installation, it makes unauthorized changes to your system as well as browser settings like default search engine, homepage and new tab URL in order to promote addresses of fake search engine. Whenever you open any new browser tab or enter any search query into URL bar, you will be redirected to search.emailsearchtools.com. Thus, it becomes impossible for users to resets those changes until they uninstall installed browser hijacker. These illegal activities are performed by cyber criminals.
Further, as we mentioned earlier that EmailSearchTools Search can also track data. They monitor user’s online browsing activities and collect information such as IP addresses, entered search query, pages viewed, geo-location and other similar details. Sometimes, it might also collect your personal as well as financial information. What’s worse, all gathered details are send to third parties who might be cyber criminals who misuse those details to generate revenue as much as possible. Thus, presence of data tracking content on PC causes serious privacy issues like financial losses, browsing safety and even identity theft. So, due to all these reasons, removal of EmailSearchTools Search is mandatory.
How did EmailSearchTools Search install on my system?
Like other redirect virus and harmful threats, EmailSearchTools Search enters into your system by using deceptive tricks. The most common and effective methods used by them is software bundling. This deceptive marketing technique of pre-packing ordinary products together with unwanted or malicious content is called bundling. In most cases, information about additional applications is hidden behind custom or advance settings of installation processes. However, not all people check all those available settings and often cause unwanted programs to be get downloaded and installed. Despite this, it can also get inside from intrusive advertisements which are mainly designed to execute malicious scripts to download or install PUAs without having your permission. It can only be done when you click on intrusive advertisements.
How to prevent intruding unwanted apps?
First of all it is advised to be very careful while updating software as well as browsing online. Untrustworthy software download sources like third party installer, unofficial pages, free file hosting sites and others should not be used because it is monetized through bundling content. To download programs and files only use official websites and through direct links. Further, avoid clicking on intrusive ads as they redirect people to unreliable websites related to pornography, adult dating and so on. The most important thing while installing any program, read terms and agreements carefully and use custom or advance settings and opt out for all additional attached apps and decline all offers. To keep your device harmless and secured, you are strongly recommended to delete EmailSearchTools Search and all installed browser hijacker as quickly as possible.
Name: EmailSearchTools Search
Functionality: Quick access to email accounts.
Promoted URL: search.emailsearchtools.com
Affected Browser Settings: Homepage, new tab URL, default search engine.
Distribution methods: Deceptive pop-up ads, free software installers (bundling), fake Flash Player installers.
Symptoms: Manipulated Internet browser settings. Users are forced to visit the hijacker’s website and search the Internet by using their search engines.
Damage: Internet browser tracking, display of unwanted ads and redirects to uncertain websites.
Removal: To remove EmailSearchTools Search, you are advised to follow step by step removal instructions which have been provided below.
“Note: Our Security Experts at malware-board.com team recommends you to use SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool and see if can detect this malware for you. Once the malware gets detected, you can begin the removal process.
It has the best scanning algorithm and programming logic to deal with these kinds of severe malware threats including Ransomwares. You can also give a try to some other popular anti-malware tools as mentioned below.”
|Malwarebytes antimalware is a decent contender in the list of top antimalware tools. it can be trusted for a decent security aspects to complete the security ends of your PC.
||Wipersoft antimalware is another trustworthy tool to keep a PC protected against trending malwares as well and recommended by many security experts.||Plumbytes antimalware can also be a selection of users who are seeking a decent platform to assure their system protected against trending malware threats.|
Methods to uninstall EmailSearchTools Search from infected Windows PC
The elimination of EmailSearchTools Search and all its related files from infected Windows PC is possible with two popular methods. Below you will get complete description on both processes that will help you get rid of this pesky malware.
Process A: Guide to delete EmailSearchTools Search opting Manual removal procedure
Risks associated with Manual removal technique
If you have strong technical skills and excellent knowledge of registry entries and system files then going through this process is best option you can choose to eliminate this nasty threat. But if you are not having enough skills then it can prove risky due to its complex process and lengthy task. A minor change in system settings or missing of any process can make situation worst. It completely damages several important files and makes your computer useless.
Step 1: Boot computer in Safe Mode
- At first you required to restart PC to open boot menu option
- Next, you require to continuously press F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appear on display screen
- Now you need to select “Safe Mode with Networking Option” using arrow key and then press Enter key.
Step 2: Eliminate EmailSearchTools Search from Installed browsers
Instructions For Google Chrome
- At first you need to open browser and then click on right top bottom on gear icon. Next select for Tools and then you need to open Extension option
- Now several for EmailSearchTools Search associated extension from given list and then click on Trash icon to remove completely from browsers
Reset browser settings
- At first open Chrome and click on gear icon at top right bottom and then select Settings option. Choose for Show Advanced Settings
- Finally click on Reset Settings button option to complete process
Instructions For Firefox
- At first open Firefox and click on wrench bar at top right bottom and then select Add-ons option
- Next go to Extensions option and then select for extension related with EmailSearchTools Search and eliminate it
Reset settings of Browser
- Go to top right corner wrench bar icon and then select Help Option
- Next select “Troubleshooting Information” then click on “Refresh Firefox” button from troubleshooting Information page
Instructions For Internet Explorer
- At first you need to open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools menu. Next select Manage Add-ons option from shown list
- Now select Toolbars and Extension from left panel and then select EmailSearchTools Search and all its related extension. Finally click on Disable button to eliminate it permanently
Reset Browser Settings
- You need to open Internet Explorer then click on Tools menu then Select Internet Option from given list
- Next Choose for “Advanced Tab” option and then hit on Reset button as shown in image
- Finally mark “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on Reset option
Step 3: End EmailSearchTools Search and its associated processes from Task Manager
- To open Windows task manager, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL button together
- Next select processes tab to find our all running process
- Finally choose all malicious processes and click on End process button to complete this task
Step 4: Uninstall EmailSearchTools Search from Windows using Control Panel
Instructions For Windows XP:
- Go to Start button and then click on Control Panel
- Now Click on Add or Remove Program Option
- Find out EmailSearchTools Search and other malicious program and remove it permanently
Instructions For Windows 7 & Vista:
- First click on Start menu option and then open Control panel
- Now go to programs and select Uninstall a programs option
- With given list search for EmailSearchTools Search and its related programs and click on uninstall button
Instructions For Windows 8/8.1
- At first go to lower left corner of display screen and then click on Start button
- Now type control panel in search box and then click on it
- Search for infected application and programs installed and uninstall it
Instructions For Windows 10:
- At first go to Start menu and then Search for Control Panel
- Now choose program and Feature option in Control panel Window
- From given list find out EmailSearchTools Search and its related programs and Click on Uninstall tab
- Finally, you will get confirmation Windows on computer, Click on Yes and restart PC
Step 5: Remove EmailSearchTools Search from Windows Registry Editor
- Press Windows+R key together to open Run
- Next type regedit in search box and click on OK button
- Now search for registry entries that are created by EmailSearchTools Search and delete it permanently
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Process B: Automatic Method to delete EmailSearchTools Search (Using Spyhunter Anti-Malware)
The use of Spyhunter Malware scanner is one of the best and reliable options you can go through to fix issues related with this threat. Its advance mechanism to detect and eliminate nasty threat from Windows PC provides complete safety to your computer. It has capability to detect for EmailSearchTools Search and all kind of other malware such as Trojan, worms, rootkits, backdoor, ransomware, adware and others.
If your Windows PC trapped with EmailSearchTools Search and you are unable to deal with issues related with this nasty infection then use of Syhunter Anti-Malware can help you get rid of this trouble. It is an ultimate powerful scanner that comes with so many advanced feature and latest techniques to detect for malign threats. The rich user Interface of this program helps users with less technical skills to complete removal procedure without any hassle. The 4 easy steps removal guide mentioned below will allow you delete EmailSearchTools Search instant from Windows PC.
User Guide: Steps to download and run Spyhunter to Uninstall EmailSearchTools Search
Step 1: At first you need to Download Spyhunter Anti-Malware and run application
Step 2: Next, you need click on “Scan Computer Now” option as shown in picture
Step 3: It shows detected viruses in thumbnail format with its complete details
Step 4: Finally click on “Fix Threats” button to eliminate all nasty viruses